No announcement yet.

Old Mexico 2020/2021

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I've got a question on driving a work (company) truck into MX.
    One of our guys asked me the question today and I am not 100% on it.

Can you drive a work truck (registered to his company) into MX, if staying inside the free trade zone. Insurance and registration are current, but its titled in his companies name.
    I'm pretty sure the answer is no.

Comment

Originally posted by walker1983 View Post

Can you drive a work truck (registered to his company) into MX, if staying inside the free trade zone. Insurance and registration are current, but its titled in his companies name.
      Correct answer is no.
      I’m sure someone will say they’ve done it and/or are doing it right now. But correct answer is still no.

Comment

The correct answer is no unless they have a letter from said company allowing it.

I’m sure many do it that are inside the 2nd check and along the border.

Comment

Originally posted by BolilloLoco View Post
          Correct answer is no.
          I’m sure someone will say they’ve done it and/or are doing it right now. But correct answer is still no.
          Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by dstrong View Post
            The correct answer is no unless they have a letter from said company allowing it.

I’m sure many do it that are inside the 2nd check and along the border.
            Thanks Dean.
            It's his company, so assume he can just write himself a letter on company letterhead and would be cool. He wants to take one of his companies work trucks instead of his Dallas ride.

Comment

Thanks Dean.
              It's his company, so assume he can just write himself a letter on company letterhead and would be cool. He wants to take one of his companies work trucks instead of his Dallas ride.

A friend of mine was the same way back in the day when we used to cross the 2nd check. He had to have a letter in order to get the permit. Being that he’s not crossing the check point it will most likely never come in to play but would be good to have it in the glove box.

Comment

Unrelated but Mexican citizens still cant cross to the US from P.N. bridge even with valid visa. Hope that gets cleared up soon. Also the state of Coahuila is banning all alcohol sales in response to covid till Dec. 6 including restaurants . That should help stop the spread...duh

Comment

Originally posted by dstrong View Post
                  A friend of mine was the same way back in the day when we used to cross the 2nd check. He had to have a letter in order to get the permit. Being that he’s not crossing the check point it will most likely never come in to play but would be good to have it in the glove box.
                  Totally agree - I just passed along the info.

Back in 2016 we hunted past the 2nd checkpoint near Nueva Rosita. I traveled down w/ a dude in his financed truck, and he didn't get any of the paperwork i told him he needed. We spent 8 hours at the 2nd checkpoint trying unsuccessfully to track down his stuff, and coordinating rides - and made for a 4AM to 8PM travel day. Never again. That was the last time I didn't drive myself down to MX.

Comment

Totally agree - I just passed along the info.

Back in 2016 we hunted past the 2nd checkpoint near Nueva Rosita. I traveled down w/ a dude in his financed truck, and he didn't get any of the paperwork i told him he needed. We spent 8 hours at the 2nd checkpoint trying unsuccessfully to track down his stuff, and coordinating rides - and made for a 4AM to 8PM travel day. Never again. That was the last time I didn't drive myself down to MX.

Hahaha .... usually pretty seamless to get the permit at the second check before nueva rosita as long as you have your paperwork in order. That’s where we used to hunt back in the day.... about 23 miles or so on dirt, off of the hwy..... Dos Hermanas

Comment

Good to know, I’ve got multiple trucks and a coupe are company trucks, luckily never been an issue over the last 4 years. Only 1st check point.

Comment

Any of you guys hunt past the second checkpoint out of acuna? Any issues there?

THanks

Comment

Originally posted by elgato View Post
                          Unrelated but Mexican citizens still cant cross to the US from P.N. bridge even with valid visa. Hope that gets cleared up soon. Also the state of Coahuila is banning all alcohol sales in response to covid till Dec. 6 including restaurants . That should help stop the spread...duh
                          All crossings are normal. Beer and alcohol sales are not cancelled. Coahuila has not banned alcohol sales. Everything is normal as of today.

Comment

Thank goodness that no beer sales was getting me worried!!

Comment

Originally posted by red-fin View Post
                              Thank goodness that no beer sales was getting me worried!!
                              I kind of like $4.99 a12 pack for Coors Lite. Like shopping in Mexico. Should be a fun opening weekend.
                              Probably do more fishing than hunting though. Ruts a ways off.

Comment

Was just informed a guest of a hunter is in jail due to not properly clearing his vehicle, and Mexico agents finding a box of shells in his truck. Attorney is working now to get his release.. i know excitements high an the list of things to get packed is long but make sure you take the time to go through your vehicles thoroughly before crossing safe travels an good luck everyone

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                                X