No announcement yet.

6.5 creedmoor ammo

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hornady American whitetail is all I’ve used in mine so far. I have yet to have a deer take a step after they were shot.

Comment

129 SST hasn't failed me yet.

Comment

Nosler 120 grain ballistic tip has worked well for me.

Comment

Originally posted by M16 View Post
          This, or the 140gr same ammo. Have been really happy with it

Comment

I've been using Remington Core-Lokt 140 Grain and have no complaints. Dropped several deer and hogs with it no problem

Comment

Originally posted by M16 View Post
              Do you recall what speed your getting and what barre length? Handload or factory?

Comment

Originally posted by TxAg View Post
                Do you recall what speed your getting and what barre length? Handload or factory?
                2950 fps. Handload. I don't have the gun with me but think it's 22 inch. Built by Horizon.

Comment

I used the 143 eld in my 6.5 C. So far I haven’t lost an animal and they haven’t gone far.

The issue with that bullet is it’s designed to sort of explode (for lack of a better word) inside so they usually will not exit. Where I deer hunt in south Texas this could present an issue for tracking through the brush. But like I said everything I have shot so far piled up in the sendero.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

the eld-x shoots tiny groups in my tikka and does fine for killing stuff, but I didn't care for its performance in my 308. He cheap federal non-typical 140s shoot great groups in my 6.5 also so i just shoot them now.

Comment

I used 140gn Bergers in two deer this year. Both DRT. One high shoulder shot, the other right behind the shoulder.

Comment

Originally posted by sbushee View Post
                        I used 140gn Bergers in two deer this year. Both DRT. One high shoulder shot, the other right behind the shoulder.
                        ^^^^^
                        Those Burgers are awesome but the Nosler Partition's and ballistic tips are good too.

Comment

Working...
                        X