No announcement yet.

Trailer tire recommendation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I’m having 4 hartland trailer tires put on my trailer right now. This is my first time to use this brand and I also bought a unlimited 10yr warranty with them.

Comment

Is going to a 16" wheel an option?

Comment

Originally posted by bboswell View Post
        I have learned that most times that is a speed rating issue. Most trailer tires are only rated at 60mph or so and that doesn’t work well on long trips with 75mph speed limits.
        My TT has almost 30k miles on it and I'm absolutely a tire and PSI Nazi. I actually believe it's because the tires suck, but to be sure, it is often a speed issue as well. But that just illustrates my point all the more. 60 mph just isn't practical (or even safe) for a lot of situations and people. I don't have to worry about it with light truck tires.

One blown trailer tire could do $10k worth of damage to my TT before I could even get it stopped. Yeah, no. Heck, even my trailer manufacturer offered an E-Rated LT upgrade package, and on some trailers they installed LT tires as original equipment.

Last thing, LT tires ARE rated for trailer service.

Comment

Originally posted by bboswell View Post
          I have learned that most times that is a speed rating issue. Most trailer tires are only rated at 60mph or so and that doesn’t work well on long trips with 75mph speed limits.
          How fast can I travel on Carlisle trailer tires?

“”In the past, most trailer tires were rated at 62 or 65 mph. Today, some of our tires are "rated" (speed symbols) at 87 mph (N), some at 75 mph (L), some at 65 mph (J: ST tires) and some at 62 mph (J: non-metric tires).

Please remember that speed ratings are test speeds and not recommended driving speeds. The ratings apply only to the tire itself, and not a particular vehicle. The speed rating does not mean that the vehicle can be safely operated at the tire's rated speed.

We recommend driving no more than 60 mph when towing a trailer. Please always drive at a safe speed and abide by the posted speed limit.””

everyone needs to remember that your cheapo trailer tires might not make same speed as a 1000 foot torque truck and maintenance of max psi is mandatory

Comment

Working...
          X