Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MadHatter View Post
    I regularly pull 12k with mine.
    Never had a iffy issue, and that's with no trailer breaks.
    You should get trailer brakes....

Comment

Originally posted by Mayhem View Post
      I’ve had almost 10k hooked to mine and it pulled it fine but you could watch the fuel gauge move.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'd imagine all gassers are like that with that kind of weight...no?

That's going to be a big change after 19 years with a diesel, but I don't see me needing to pull anything besides a 16' trailer or eventually another boat in my next truck's lifetime. In whatever I chose, I'm gonna roll with the bigger V8. Jury is still out on the Eco longevity.

Comment

Originally posted by Smart View Post
        I'd imagine all gassers are like that with that kind of weight...no?

That's going to be a big change after 19 years with a diesel, but I don't see me needing to pull anything besides a 16' trailer or eventually another boat in my next truck's lifetime. In whatever I chose, I'm gonna roll with the bigger V8. Jury is still out on the Eco longevity.

Truck gets 15.5 on a regular basis on the highway. When I pulled my travel trailer it got 7, when I pull my boat it gets 11-12.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Huntindad View Post
          I wouldn't be consistently pulling anything. A travel trailer several times a year. That is the reason I asked about maxing out. I have a 3/4 ton truck...for the past 16 years...I have towed a travel trailer a few times ...total.

I got the truck for longevity...it has paid off. I am looking for another truck to go 350K miles.
          That's where I am at the moment...mileage & bed space obviously wasn't a deal killer. The back seat of the crew is quite large & can be utilized for a lot of storage you want out of the elements, unless you regularly travel with 4 passengers.

The roll & lock cover is a nice touch as I regularly have the chainsaw & other items that are now secure & out of site. Nice not having to worry about anything growing legs.

Comment

Originally posted by 30-30 View Post
            You should get trailer brakes....
            I agree .
            It's in the works.

Comment

Originally posted by Blitz View Post
              Can’t say I have the tripod, but game cart yes.
              Yep, once or twice per year I add the game cart but ain't hauling that much crap everytime I leave the house.
              Originally posted by Quackerbox View Post
              Both of these.

If I end up giving my taco to the kid for college I'm gonna look at tundra pretty hard. That's IF they dont get but ugly like every other half ton on the market

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
              I think new models are in 2022. The current model started in 07 and headlight/grille changes were in 14'. It will be interesting to see what they roll out.

Comment

I had a 2007 Double cab and got it because I wanted the 6 1/2 foot bed. The trade off was the smaller back seat in the Double Cab, which was not comfortable.
                I think Toyota missed the boat when they did not offer the Crewmax with the 6 1/2 foot bed, but that's just my opinion.

Comment

I drove a CrewMax for 10 years.
                  The bed is definitely usable. Roll-down rear window and TONS of lockable storage in the Max (not to mention people space) is what tipped it for me-- but it wasn't ever really a close decision.

Comment

I find it easy to use the bed extender w tailgate down
                    And if you tow a trailer or basket just use the 24" hitch extension
                    Crewmax is the way to go

Comment

Originally posted by kingranch View Post
                      I find it easy to use the bed extender w tailgate down
                      And if you tow a trailer or basket just use the 24" hitch extension
                      Crewmax is the way to go
                      This may be an option. I can fabricate a bar across the back to support a tripod or anything else too heavy to rest on the bed extender. Sure wish they had the crewmax in the 6.5' bed.

Comment

I will look into the bed extender...now for a 3rd question...don't think I have seen it before

is it worth getting the 4WD ? Cost vs. functionality vs. something else to break.

Comment

I will look into the bed extender...now for a 3rd question...don't think I have seen it before

is it worth getting the 4WD ? Cost vs. functionality vs. something else to break.
                          I would say yes, but I have never owned a 2wd truck.
                          Comes in handy when you need it and they are easier to sell.
                          Last edited by Rubi513; 02-17-2020, 08:34 PM.

Comment

Being on my deer lease without a 4WD truck is just asking for problems. We are close to 1.75 miles from the front and its the muddiest part of the lease. It's not horribly deep but it will fill tires up quick and stick. Cost is well worth the peace of mind to me of not getting stuck 5 hours away. My diesel dog that plows in mud with the heavy front end is not great in it either, but the guys who have gassers move through it like nothing. 2WD is super suspect. Most get parked at the front gate if its gonna rain.

Comment

Oh, I agree that 4WD is a valuable asset... just didn't know how good the tundra 4WD system was. Some are better than others...functionality wise.

Comment

Oh, I agree that 4WD is a valuable asset... just didn't know how good the tundra 4WD system was. Some are better than others...functionality wise.

Ahhh I thought you were asking 2wd or 4wd......functionality versus cost.

Comment

Working...
                                X