A C Legg or REO spice

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Chew View Post
    I read somewhere that fiesta makes a good pan sausage seasoning. I love all their other products so I went looking for it at HEB but couldn't find it. It's on their website. guess I'll have to buy it online if I want to try it. I think an entire bottle does 8 lbs.
    I’m sure it’s good. Fiesta makes great seasonings.

Comment

Originally posted by coy-ote View Post
      I’ve used AC legs before and Cajun Blake’s and like them both, my wife and 2 young boys are hooked on jimmy dean so I may try the REO spice

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
      Same here!

Originally posted by RSW0913 View Post
      REO is what i use for breakfast sausage, #6 i believe.....a lot like Jimmy Dean's in my opinion.
      If you get a chance, can you verify that #6 is what you use? Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

it is #6 that i use.....I'm pretty sure there was another thread on this that mentioned #6 tasted a lot like Jimmy dean's sausage. That's what first got me to try REO. My wife is a Jimmy Dean's fan and picky.....she didn't notice a difference when i made it.

My daughter shot a pig and we made the whole thing into breakfast sausage. I add some straight pork fat to the mix when i make it out of a wild pig. usually about 1lb of fat to 4/5 pounds of pork. I like my breakfast sausage to be a little greasy as it's frying.

Comment

I like Legg pan sausage. Pretty much everything REO has is better.

Comment

Good info on the pork fat to meat ratio

Comment

Originally posted by RSW0913 View Post
              it is #6 that i use.....I'm pretty sure there was another thread on this that mentioned #6 tasted a lot like Jimmy dean's sausage. That's what first got me to try REO. My wife is a Jimmy Dean's fan and picky.....she didn't notice a difference when i made it.

My daughter shot a pig and we made the whole thing into breakfast sausage. I add some straight pork fat to the mix when i make it out of a wild pig. usually about 1lb of fat to 4/5 pounds of pork. I like my breakfast sausage to be a little greasy as it's frying.

Thank you!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Reo is the brand we use.
                Country Pan for the breakfast sausage and Dobesch for the smoked link sausage.

Comment

You can usually get the fiesta one at academy. Or use to see it there

Comment

Is the REO available online only

Comment

Tagged. My dad is a fan of REO. I’ve never tried it.

Comment

Originally posted by b.a.saha View Post
                        You can usually get the fiesta one at academy. Or use to see it there
                        I went today. The store in New Caney didn't have any.

Comment

REO is great just made 25 pounds of #6

Comment

I went today. The store in New Caney didn't have any.
                            I tried that years ago and dont remember being to impressed. To bad because I love the rest of their products.

I had to come back and edit this. I was trying to track some down for you and realized they have a couple of venison spices. I think it may have been one of those so I dont think I have tried the pan version.
                            Last edited by doug; 02-15-2020, 05:23 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by doug View Post
                              I tried that years ago and dont remember being to impressed. To bad because I love the rest of their products.

I had to come back and edit this. I was trying to track some down for you and realized they have a couple of venison spices. I think it may have been one of those so I dont think I have tried the pan version.
                              I went ahead and got some of this on Amazon.

Comment

I went ahead and got some of this on Amazon.
                                That should be good! Let me know when you want a pig or ten instead of buying some.

Comment

Working...
                                X