Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How many of you have actually shot a banded bird?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Smart View Post
    But how many are his holy grail spoonie bands?
    Yeah he is struggling with that one. I give him credit, he is trying.

Comment

Two. Same season. Back to back weekends. Both bluewing teal. Both were on the last single of the day to finish out a limit.

Had about three others where it was unclear who killed it so we flipped a coin...I may have won one of those coin flips but I can't remember. I didn't really want one claimed that way.

Comment

Originally posted by twdjr View Post
        Yeah he is struggling with that one. I give him credit, he is trying.

hahahaha........I hope he gets it eventually

y'all still chasing the geese as hard as you used to?

Comment

I have several from teal, pintail and mottle ducks. My son has one from a black duck hen

Comment

hahahaha........I hope he gets it eventually

y'all still chasing the geese as hard as you used to?
            I am Jason when we have some geese around. My partner went back into duck mode quite a few years back. He will join me for a hunt or two during the regular season, but we team up after duck season is over.

Comment

You couldn’t put all the ducks I’ve killed and been a part of the hunt in 2 semi trailers and I’ve killed 3 and been on the hunt with 2, maybe 3 others

Number of dove I’ve killed on top end lease hunts and corporate hunts with dozens to hundreds of hunters is monumental.... 1. Guy from Arkansas shot it and though he was gonna get in trouble. Lol

Comment

1 Wood Duck hen 25+ years ago.

Comment

I got a banded mallard. He had two bands though, one regular and one $100 money band. Shot in west Texas, banded in Saskatchewan

Comment

Originally posted by twdjr View Post
                    I am Jason when we have some geese around. My partner went back into duck mode quite a few years back. He will join me for a hunt or two during the regular season, but we team up after duck season is over.

Glad to hear that the Garwood gang is still bringing the pain.

Comment

I hit a pigeon in my wife’s car on 515 west bridge on lake fork a few years ago. Got home and it was stuck in the air dam.... 3 bands. Lol. Don’t guess it will be winning any races. I’ve seen 2-3 banded ones at the dairy through the years. Most of the time they want to be feed

Comment

1 wood Duck drake

Comment

One on a wood duck 30 years ago

Comment

zero my luck sucks

Comment

I shot one tagged duck in Wisconsin when I was a teen and honestly...I thought I was in trouble so I chucked it in the water. lol

Comment

Glad to hear that the Garwood gang is still bringing the pain.
                                The Garwood Mafia! Ted and David were hell on the birds!

Comment

Working...
                                X