No announcement yet.

If you had $1000 at cabelas?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I agree with Tourist, you always I never think about small necessary stuff until after the fact. it sounds dumb, but I always get excited about having a big lump sum after stashing away a little here and there and start looking at new camo, binos, bright new shiny toys and then once its gone i finally remember I need to replace or get other little essentials that aren't too pricey but add up by the time you get them. things like upgraded 32 0r 64G SD cards for trailcams, more scent-a-way spray, field wipes, soap, deodorant all the basic scent control stuff. it all adds up quick and I end up spending a 200-300 bucks I hadn't planned on/thought about. This happened just recently so I would start there and after that...go crazy!

Comment

I'm on the Thermal band wagon.

Comment

Put it towards binos and get into one of the top three brands.

Comment

Take that and match it with another $1000 for a Leupold VX6 HD

Comment

I don’t know why more people don’t have a cabelas card. I use it for everything and pay it off every month. I’ve used it to get a free shotgun a 125 quart yeti a scope and other things. I’ve got about $1600 saved up on it the last time I checked. I’m leaning towards buying reloading equipment.

Comment

Originally posted by The Cornstar View Post
              I don’t know why more people don’t have a cabelas card. I use it for everything and pay it off every month. I’ve used it to get a free shotgun a 125 quart yeti a scope and other things. I’ve got about $1600 saved up on it the last time I checked. I’m leaning towards buying reloading equipment.
              Because a Cabelas point is only worth 1 penny for every dollar you spend on the card. Many other cards offer 2 pennies for every dollar spent and you can spend the money anywhere including Cabelas.

OP I would buy a wall tent or some good camping gear.

Comment

Moon Pies, Those Cinnamon Pecans and maybe a fancy fish fryer.

Comment

I'd try to trade it for something else.

Comment

Id stock pile some essentials I’m always going back for during the season. Being a duck hunter, i always end up without enough shells, so if they’re on sale buy them with that

Comment

I have a Cabelas card as well. I’ve purchased some really cool stuff over the years with the points. One thing I really have loved is the https://www.cabelas.com/product/Cole...4.uts?slotId=2

I have two of these 200 quart coolers, and they are awesome. I’m saving my points for a thermal scope right now.

Comment

Upgrade my processing equipment.

Comment

OP, really depends on what you are into. Personally for me, I would buy the things that would take my hunting experience from good to great. I have a good bow, broadheads, a nice popup blind... For me, maybe some of the best clothing for the hunt. Perhaps one of those ozone devices.

Look back to those hunts where you felt you were missing something and get that.

Now, I do have a question about the points... What are those worth economically? Can you combine them with gift cards? I may be interested in buying a boat with my points if I switched over... Right now, airline points is what I am after.

Comment

Roasted pecans

Comment

Originally posted by Big Lee View Post
                              Moon Pies, Those Cinnamon Pecans and maybe a fancy fish fryer.
                              Man I forgot about the banana moon pies. That's what I would spend it on.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

Comment

Guns...whether you need them or not.
                                Everything else gets old, wears out etc.
                                It's likely 1k in guns will still be worth 7-8 hundred in 20 years. Everyrhing else will be worth 0

Comment

Working...
                                X