No announcement yet.

Foundation Problems?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

No issue imo. I had a few tiles come loose over the last few months. I installed these tiles over 20 years ago. Both of my area were near doors so it had to do with the slamming of doors over the years that caused the tiles to come loose.

Were yours near doors?

Comment

I really appreciate all the responses! My wife could not sleep last night worrying about the floors. Like I said, no evidence of wall or ceiling separation and none of the doors or windows have issues.

Waiting for the bids on repair and replacement on the floors. Any more comments are also welcomed! THANKS everyone for your help!!

Comment

Ya it doesn’t sound like structure foundation issues... I had the same issue.

Comment

Most likely it is not imo

Comment

BTW, I just built our house and we used the weighted vinyl in several of the rooms and the results are great. No glue, you just lay it down. Not cheap, but its working great in high traffic and with dogs.

Comment

Originally posted by Humper View Post
              A Foundation company can determine how level your foundation is pretty quick with a laser system. Once they determine if you have an issue, they will recommend a solution(s). We used olshan and they lifted our low areas have placed several piers under the foundation. It’s not cheap, but they guarantee there work. Price will vary based upon your home’s issues. We noticed ours from hairline cracks in our tile.
              They don't use lasers anymore. All reputable companies use a hydrostatic altimeter. I only say this because I find the instrument fascinating. It uses barometric pressure to measure to a 1/10th of an inch.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Comment

To update those who responded and the comments were a BIG help!

We've determined that foundation issues were not the problem but rather improper installation of the tile from previous owners. Not an issue as we have been here for several years before this "popped up, pun intended." It's on us and we are dealing with the repairs...has to be done.

The "REAL burn on our butt's," was dealing with several "reputable" carpet/floor companies getting bids, having to call and ask when the bids would get to us as "some" did not deliver what they promised? Then learning that some of the carpet bids were using discontinued lines, but not represented that way in their bids.

So, finally awarded the repairs to the "oldest" company in our geography and at a price just $300 more than the lowest bid we were "almost sold on?!"

The real point of this is that I ALWAYS did my best to meet deadlines in business and if I missed something, I ALWAYS would contact customers in the same day/period to make sure they knew I valued their business. When I got back into real estate/land sales this was what I valued with my OCD personality...do what you say you are going to do and if it does not meet the timeline promised....LET US/THEM KNOW!!

Not surprised, professionalism is a mind set and NOT just something your promise!

Just a "little rant," but here we go getting the problem fixed. Thanks all once again!!

Comment

What are they charging to tile the 1100 sf if you don't mind sharing that info ?

Comment

Originally posted by Terrell_County View Post
                    What are they charging to tile the 1100 sf if you don't mind sharing that info ?
                    It looks like he is putting carpet down.

Comment

Originally posted by Terrell_County View Post
                      Sorry for the delay in responding.

*We decided to only retile in the kitchen and adjoining hall way to the isolated master. The tile we decided on is 18x18 so that came out to 175.50 sf @$5.99 sf which also includes the installation/grouting, etc.

*Actual old tile being taken up was 1042 sf @$2.00/sf. We got this same bid on every bid submitted to take up and dispose of the old tile. It's a job getting up the adhesive, done improperly before which caused the problem, and make it ready for the tile and carpet.

It's NOT $$ we want to spend in our retirement years, but we have a BIG mess now and want it done right. The company we decided on was actually just under $500 more than the closest bid but we just felt better based on their reputation and expertise vs competition. They have also been in business in our area for over 30 years and we used them before to install wood flooring at our old ranch house about 8 years past.

**Side note...the carpet quoted by another company we were going with, pet proof/etc., found out the product they were putting down had been discontinued?? Never told this so that added to our hesitation to go with them?! It's been a TOTAL PAIN in the A&^, but it is what it is and anxious to get this done.

Comment

Working...
                      X