2020 catfish thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by huntindude View Post
    Read the media release. Currently all of my noodles are the smaller ones (now illegal) although the media release says the rules go into effect February 2020, are they enforceable if they are not in the outdoor annual?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I believe I have read in the out Door Annual in the past that yes, the rules are enforceable even if they are not in the annual. It is the sportsman's responsibility to know the rules. The GWs are just there to enforce them. The commissioners are the ones who make them. So, who ever gets on the commissioners board, have a lot of say in what and what dose not happen in Texas. If anyone has any question as to who is qualified, just take a look at each commish and that person's background and study. Some have little or no background experience at all. But not all of them have jobs that require outdoor knowledge. I wouldn't mind if they did though! Maybe they would have a greater value for the outdoors and our values as outdoors persons?

Comment

Originally posted by TeamAmerica View Post
      Tell us what we already know mike. Your noodle is too thin.....[emoji1787]

Minimum 6" requirement too. Or it may get confiscated.

Comment

Originally posted by Texas Grown View Post
        I believe I have read in the out Door Annual in the past that yes, the rules are enforceable even if they are not in the annual. It is the sportsman's responsibility to know the rules. The GWs are just there to enforce them. The commissioners are the ones who make them. So, who ever gets on the commissioners board, have a lot of say in what and what dose not happen in Texas. If anyone has any question as to who is qualified, just take a look at each commish and that person's background and study. Some have little or no background experience at all. But not all of them have jobs that require outdoor knowledge. I wouldn't mind if they did though! Maybe they would have a greater value for the outdoors and our values as outdoors persons?

Yeah. A lot of grey area. The reason I asked is because I have asked Game Wardens legal questions before and seen even them refer to the outdoor annual to find the answer

Comment

How early has the bulkhead bite been kicking off at Conroe the last few years? In the past (15+ years ago), we usually did pretty good in April.

Comment

This is my Im going to attempt to get all these kunfu chicken virus threads off page one today post.....

Comment

Originally posted by JMKro View Post
              How early has the bulkhead bite been kicking off at Conroe the last few years? In the past (15+ years ago), we usually did pretty good in April.
              We do real good in April also. Late March can be good if you can get shad. When the shad start to come in the bulkhead bite is on. Will probably give it a run this weekend. These were from April last year on bulkheads on Conroe.
              Attached Files

Comment

Where is the best place to buy the pool noodles that are 3” in diameter. Wanting to build some. Also we always run trotlines and limb lines in the river. I guess since i now have to have floating gear tag. What do yall think is best for that? Cut a pool noodle 6”, wrap with tape and put info on it?

Comment

Local golf course....

Comment

Pick up a few channels and a couple of big Blue Cats on Fairfield this last weekend.

Sent from my SM-J737A using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Hoggslayer View Post
                      Pick up a few channels and a couple of big Blue Cats on Fairfield this last weekend.

Sent from my SM-J737A using Tapatalk
                      Very nice!

Comment

Originally posted by ejj005 View Post
                        Where is the best place to buy the pool noodles that are 3” in diameter. Wanting to build some. Also we always run trotlines and limb lines in the river. I guess since i now have to have floating gear tag. What do yall think is best for that? Cut a pool noodle 6”, wrap with tape and put info on it?

Academy has some that are exactly 3”

Comment

Put out a few jug lines with shrimp last weekend and caught 11 up to 5 lbs. I was mostly bass fishing but the catfish bite was definitely slow.

Comment

Originally posted by huntindude View Post
                            Academy has some that are exactly 3”

Thanks sir

Comment

Originally posted by ejj005 View Post

I got mine at dollar general.
                              These didn’t fit tight on 3/4” pvc so I ended up having to glue them on.

Comment

Originally posted by DKirk View Post
                                I got mine at dollar general.
                                These didn’t fit tight on 3/4” pvc so I ended up having to glue them on.

Same here. Gorilla glue construction adhesive works well

Comment

Working...
                                X