No announcement yet.

2020 catfish thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Only way to make this thread better is if everybody goes Live on the catch reports.

Comment

Great thread and pics. Enjoying it

Comment

We went yesterday evening. Chasing bigger fish and not numbers. Hooked a couple big gar and one good 6lb blue. Couple small channel cats. Overall much slower than last weekend. I had trouble finding Shad, even in my “honey hole” where I’ve never NOT caught them. . So I contribute the slow Cat bite to the Shad hiding Lol.

Comment

Did a little evening/night bank fishing tonight. Was there from 7-10. Landed 7. These were the biggest. Cant forget about the ol gaspar goo!!

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Comment

Been short on time to catch bait so I built this z perch trap, only took about 3 hours, 20ft of hardware cloth and a whole bag of zip ties! Got it soaking already
            so we will see this afternoon how it does!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Good haul a couple weeks ago from San Jac, excited to get back on the river this week! Took a couple weeks off with a faulty motor. Click image for larger version

Name:	67E64CFF-C847-42D7-B608-CF611908819F.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	68.5 KB
ID:	24617696

Comment

Originally posted by Iansumrall View Post
                Good haul a couple weeks ago from San Jac, excited to get back on the river this week! Took a couple weeks off with a faulty motor. [ATTACH]1004296[/ATTACH]

Talk about a HAUL! Great trip!

Comment

Originally posted by cwbrown View Post
                  Been short on time to catch bait so I built this z perch trap, only took about 3 hours, 20ft of hardware cloth and a whole bag of zip ties! Got it soaking already
                  so we will see this afternoon how it does!

Let us know how it worked. I have a ton of perch under my dock and Ive been considering building one of these to catch bait for my jug lines.

Comment

Originally posted by rtp View Post
                    Let us know how it worked. I have a ton of perch under my dock and Ive been considering building one of these to catch bait for my jug lines.

2 hour soak!

Comment

2 hour soak!

Well done! Bait or no bait?

Comment

Originally posted by rtp View Post
                        Well done! Bait or no bait?

Baited with bread, left it soak overnight so I will check it at lunch time and post back.

Comment

24 hour soak with whatever bait was left in there.

Headed out this afternoon to check yesterday’s baits and punch the time card on 24 of these guys.

Some of the perch are fairly large, would there be to big of perch for yellow cats?

Comment

Headed out this afternoon to check yesterday’s baits and punch the time card on 24 of these guys.

Some of the perch are fairly large, would there be to big of perch for yellow cats?

I’m convinced that there isn’t a bait “too big” for a yellow. I’ve caught an 8lb yellow with a 1lb channel cat sticking out of its mouth. They are voracious, greedy pigs.

Comment

I dont think so. Not sure what size hook you are using but on the really big perch I try to use a 10/0 circle hook instead of my normal 8/0 circle hook. Thanks for the trap input. Im going to make one of those asap.

Comment

Thanks for the responses, headed out right now. I will keep it as live as I can.

Comment

Working...
                                X