Stock ponds

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Homer75 View Post
    What did some of y’all put in the bottom for structure? I have some huge concrete blocks that I’m going to put in along with some treated poles for artificial trees.
    if building a pond from scratch the time is perfect to design structure. Creating humps is one way. The PVC pipe structures are cheap and easy. I sunk around 10-12 Christmas trees in my pond. Lots of ways to create structure

Comment

Originally posted by Huntingfool View Post
      if building a pond from scratch the time is perfect to design structure. Creating humps is one way. The PVC pipe structures are cheap and easy. I sunk around 10-12 Christmas trees in my pond. Lots of ways to create structure

Same here....I’ve sunk Christmas trees the last 2 years. Wired 4-5 of them together and used a couple of cinder blocks to hold them down.

Comment

I have sunk trees, have some pvc structure, and build brush piles along the banks when the lake is low. Something else that works god is wiring 3 pallets together and place a cut tree in the triangle.

Comment

Don't know about the area where your pond is but down here in S Tx the evaporation rate is ridiculous, about 9' per yr so I dug my ponds out for a 2 yr drought. They are currently very low since I have had no runoff since April last yr.

Comment

Originally posted by Huntingfool View Post
            Not to high jack thread, but y’all are giving me an idea about replanting the cedars that I’m pushing over while I’m clearing my place.

Comment

Cedars are going to die but they’ll be weighted down, I think.

Comment

Originally posted by BrandonA View Post
                I would love to come someday come see what you’re doing. Jealous
                Anytime bud and ditto..would love to see your place too! We are not that far from each other.

In other good news with that rain last week my lake caught about 14" of water. Still have another 3 feet to go. How much did your place catch?

Comment

Working...
                X