Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by marceco View Post
    What Firestick App ?
    Bootleg app - downloaded it, and pay a $10 subscription service. I pay $15 to have 3 devices.

Sent you a pm on the specifics

Comment

[quote=ateague11;14690075]
      Originally posted by HoustonHunter94 View Post
      Have you looked into ESPN+, I think with Fubo and that you might be in business.[/quote

I don’t think you get espn and espn with espn+
      I also need the SEC network for the Aggies

Comment

We cut the cable cord a couple of years ago. It was very liberating to unplug all the boxes, put the remotes in a bag and take them down to Charter (Spectrum) and shut it down.

I had to keep the internet with them but that was it. They did not even ask why I was shutting it off. I think they knew the answer already as the cable companies are losing subscribers by the droves to Netflix, Prime, Hulu etc.

I went down and bought a few HD antennaes for $30 dollars (one time cost) so we get the major networks and then we have Netflix and Amazon Prime. I also have a couple of Roku devices to run on my TV's that are not "smart" tv's.

Cut our bill $100 dollars a month right off the top by cutting cable. I don't see every going back to subscribing to cable again unless they did an a'la cart program where I pick the channels I want, pay a per channel fee and only pay for the channels I want. That will probably never happen though so goodbye cable!

Comment

Keith we just dumped Direct TV after years. We do NOT have cable or fiber access so we had to put up a small tower for our 903Broadband (Line of sight service), with the top of the line package, is basically 70 a month.

I bought an Orbi Router, with the plug in extenders (bought two extra ones) and way over what was needed for our square footage.

We have Netflix / hulu / amazon prime / and YouTube live TV for local channels, ESPN, etc.....

Our TV bill has dropped over 100 dollars a month. Plus our WiFi coverage is flat amazing. My mothers house, which is 1100 feet from our house, with a huge metal shop in between the two......Picks up my WiFi signal and streams flawlessly on her TV. lol, I couldn't believe the range of that thing. I just plugged in an extender over in her house to make it even better, and she just ditched her Direct TV completely, and we are taking care of her place as well. She just uses our apps.

So between the two houses, we are now saving about 300 a month. And I have full wifi/streaming in my shop too as a bonus....

Comment

I had Sling for a while until they got into the pissing match with Fox and lost them. Switched to YouTube TV during end of baseball and through football season. It’s a better stream and better DVR. But now that football is over, there’s not a lot of stuff I’m interested in. May switch back to Sling since they have outdoor channels and YouTube doesn’t. Switch back again when football cranks back up.

We are in the sticks with limited internet options so we pay ~$160/month for TV and internet combined.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Originally posted by houstonhunter94 View Post
              youtube tv here. Netflix and amazon prime.

Sent from my iphone using tapatalk
              bingo

Comment

Right there with you Keith. We have been Direct customers for 20+ years and now pay $180/month for basic with 7 boxes. They emailed me 3 times last year telling me we needed to upgrade all our boxes to HD at no charge. After the 3rd email I called them, they assured me no charge. They did the upgrade before the World Series and turned off 2 of my existing HD boxes that they didn't replace. Took 10 days to get them turned back on. They also took a stand alone HD box I had in my camper, which replaced with another 3 weeks later after numerous calls.
                In January they tried to bill me 199 for an HD-DVR we owned and the box they replaced for 99. Another couple weeks of multiple calls and chats and they said no problem, we will take the charges off your account. 2 weeks later they shut my account off. More calls and they finally turned it back on.
                I ordered a Channel Master 80 mile antenna and installed it last week. I got 15 main channels and 30+ sub channels. Installed a Channel Master amplifier yesterday and got 15 more channels. Total cost for TV antenna installed was $270.
                Direct(ATT) will be disconnected next week.

Comment

Just got my Direct TV bill
                  Was $123 / month
                  Now $195 / month
                  I'm looking at changing

As Always My Heart is filled with Love for You and Your Families. Not because I am commanded to Love my Neighbor, but because I can, am able to and it brings me Joy.

Comment

3 words......CUT THE CORD

We did almost 7 yrs ago and we've never looked back.

Comment

Originally posted by Tmag View Post
                      Right there with you Keith. We have been Direct customers for 20+ years and now pay $180/month for basic with 7 boxes. They emailed me 3 times last year telling me we needed to upgrade all our boxes to HD at no charge. After the 3rd email I called them, they assured me no charge. They did the upgrade before the World Series and turned off 2 of my existing HD boxes that they didn't replace. Took 10 days to get them turned back on. They also took a stand alone HD box I had in my camper, which replaced with another 3 weeks later after numerous calls.

In January they tried to bill me 199 for an HD-DVR we owned and the box they replaced for 99. Another couple weeks of multiple calls and chats and they said no problem, we will take the charges off your account. 2 weeks later they shut my account off. More calls and they finally turned it back on.

I ordered a Channel Master 80 mile antenna and installed it last week. I got 15 main channels and 30+ sub channels. Installed a Channel Master amplifier yesterday and got 15 more channels. Total cost for TV antenna installed was $270.

Direct(ATT) will be disconnected next week.
                      How far away are the stations you are able to get with the antenna?

Sent from my SM-N975U1 using Tapatalk

Comment

Fire stick and tv and movie apps are the way to go..

Comment

I work from home occasionally, and my job requires fast internet speed. I'll probably be forced to stay with Suddenlink for high speed internet.

Comment

Originally posted by Keith View Post
                            I work from home occasionally, and my job requires fast internet speed. I'll probably be forced to stay with Suddenlink for high speed internet.

What does your job consider fast?

Are you transferring a lot of large files back and forth?

Comment

Originally posted by Mike D View Post
                              What does your job consider fast?

Are you transferring a lot of large files back and forth?

Yes, it's CAD / CAM programming.

Comment

Originally posted by Keith View Post
                                Yes, it's CAD / CAM programming.
                                Then I would definitely go the firestick / Shield route. Then search some ways to find what TV you need/want.

Comment

Working...
                                X