No announcement yet.

Cable bill is outrageous!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Those are promos and lock you in for 12 months, price will keep increases. Streaming is month to month, you can walk away anytime.

Originally posted by Burntorange Bowhunter View Post
    Plus phone.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Comment

Y'all are trippin. Bundled services with the cable company is the same price or cheaper than y'all are quoting for their internet and Hulu or YouTube. Lol.

Satellite tv is the one that screws you.

Plus phone.

We had this deal years ago, it was good for the 12 months, then it went up with unreasonable fees and add ons. Our bills were over $200 that new people were paying $99 for. The price for our services now doesn’t change. Basic plans to, now faster internet and more channels, plus all the movies you can watch that cable company wants you to buy HBO etc for.
      Last edited by KDinTX; 02-06-2020, 08:40 PM.

Comment

I have Spectrum. Pay around $250 a month. Thats cable, internet and home phone all bundled in one.

Comment

Originally posted by HoustonHunter94 View Post
          YouTube TV here. Netflix and Amazon Prime.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What my wife does. If it was up to me it would be Internet and antenna.

Comment

I just cut Direct TV. We are using Roku TV now. I’m going to save about $200 a month.

Comment

Originally posted by bowhunterhelm View Post
              I just cut Direct TV. We are using Roku TV now. I’m going to save about $200 a month.
              $200? Wow! We've had Direct for 4 years and never paid more than $150ish. Called em and they worked with us. Down to $118.

Comment

Ok
                Originally posted by bowhunterhelm View Post
                I did the same last week. Got a firestick put philo tv on it for now. Will get a sports package when baseball starts. We also have an antenna that gets all the local stations.
                Last edited by Huntindad; 02-07-2020, 06:50 AM. Reason: Dang auto correct

Comment

Dumped directTV, got a roku. I have NOT regretted it at all. I get channels I want much cheaper. I can add HBO and showtime plus the ready if I want, cancel if I want, no penalties..I’m saving over 1200 a year if you add it all up from what direct charged.

Comment

Originally posted by Keith View Post
                    Cable has been expensive for a while, but it's getting outrageous. Our cable bill was $195 until December, then it went to $220 for the last 2 months. I just called and was told that it's going up over $20 more next month! That a $45 increase in 3 months.
                    We have 400 Mbps speed, which is the slowest speed that gets unlimited data. We also have standard cable, with Encore and Starz, and a TiVo DVR. Is this about what everyone else is paying? We live about 3 miles outside of town, so I'm not sure what our options are out here.

Sent from my SM-N975U1 using Tapatalk
                    We pay over $200 a month, for basic +1 and zero DVR's.

Comment

I pay 120/mo for unlimited (100 mbps) internet and basic cable, no extra channels. Have NF and Hulu for movies. It is definitely a racket

Comment

We have a Roku on each TV and Hulu Live. The Live subscription comes with cloud DVR and has all the sports channels, local, and everything we ever watched on Directv. $60/mo vs $160. Best thing we ever did for tv

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Comment

Have slowest internet (100 MBPS) with hulu, netflix, and amazon prime. We can watch 4k or 1080p on every device (We have two TV's, two laptops, a tablet, and two cell phones) in the house with no lag.

With internet, we pay ~$100/month. We are getting close to cutting Netflix though. Price keeps going up, and the content we watch has shifted over to Hulu.

Comment

Cable bill is outrageous!

Before I lived in the sticks, I had cable and internet together. It was about $175/mo (3yrs ago).

Now I have internet, and pay for Hulu, Netflix, and YouTube TV, and have Amazon Prime. That runs about $175/mo (the internet is the expensive part, at $106/mo, but if you want internet, you have to pay up).

So I guess it’s a wash!!!!

Bisch

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
                            Last edited by Bisch; 02-07-2020, 07:20 AM.

Comment

I pay $80 for the best internet I can get. I then pay $15/mo. for an app on my firestick that gets me 3000 channels and every PPV to 3 devices in my house.

I'm saving thousands a year because I don't have to buy my fights and boxing. I also get every NFL/MLB/NBA/NHL/Soccer game. I don't have to pay for Sunday Ticket anymore either.

I have even taken my firestick to my Buddies house so we can watch fights over there on his projection screen outside.

Comment

Cut the cord a long time ago, had internet and roku when in town. When we moved to Burnet we went without the internet, only have a Digital antenna. We get 35 channels now, but will get more when I move the antenna outside. Don't miss it or the internet at home either, spend more time talking and doing things with the wife. If we want to watch a movie we redbox. Can't tell you how much we have saved, but the fireplace and the rug in front of it gets used a lot now!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X