Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

4runner/Tacoma-Maybe Tundra mega thread!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Grayson View Post
    Think I’ve got the wife talked into a 4Runner. Any recommendations on a dealership in DFW/North Texas. Probably looking new.
    Good luck finding a deal... I have been looking for a deal on one for while. Please keep us posted on how the shopping goes...

Comment

Originally posted by Pedernal View Post
      Good luck finding a deal... I have been looking for a deal on one for while. Please keep us posted on how the shopping goes...
      What model are you looking for?

I have a good trade and I know they hold their value so I’m not the biggest deal shopper around.

Comment

What model are you looking for?

I have a good trade and I know they hold their value so I’m not the biggest deal shopper around.
        I am looking for a TRD off road or PRO... tried to buy one at Toyota of Boerne and the sales guy was just a total arse so I ended up walking away. Was going to make an offer on a used 10K mile PRO here in Del Rio but it got sold.

Comment

That’s what I’m looking for too.

Comment

I bought a new TRD off road Taco because it was cheaper than a used one! It was crazy

Comment

Originally posted by DedDucks View Post
              That’s impressive! This will only be my third but I don’t think I’ll ever have another brand.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My all time favorite was a ‘95 T-100 extended cab 4x4. Sadly, I rolled it on a solo elk hunt in 2001 in the Gila. Freaking crushed it. Long story short it would still run, after the assistance of a rancher, I aired up the two tires I blew off the bead. I drove it to Quemado with my head out the window as the roof was crushed. Ha-

Comment

Think I’ve got the wife talked into a 4Runner. Any recommendations on a dealership in DFW/North Texas. Probably looking new.

When I bought my tundra last month I shopped around a lot. Toyota if Dallas had best deal on trade (Tacoma) and price on tundra. Ended up buying in lufkin as it was closer and they matched the deal.

Comment

That’s what I’m looking for too.
                  Well if you find a deascent deal please advice... And if you think negotiating two would help lower the price let me know and I will get up there.

I will do the same...

Comment

When I bought my tundra last month I shopped around a lot. Toyota if Dallas had best deal on trade (Tacoma) and price on tundra. Ended up buying in lufkin as it was closer and they matched the deal.

Is that Toyota of Dallas??

Comment

Here's my 16. For what I use it for I absolutely love it. It's our hunting/adventure rig. If it was my daily I would probably feel different. 16 trd off road. 2.5 ome lift, upgraded uca's, bilsteins, Dakar rear leafs, air bags w/ on board air, arb bumper w/ 12k winch, and some other stuff.
                      Attached Files
                      Last edited by OSU Fisher; 01-01-2021, 01:47 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by OSU Fisher View Post
                        Here's my 16. For what I use it for I absolutely love it. It's our hunting/adventure rig. If it was my daily I would probably feel different. 16 trd off road. 2.5 one lift, upgraded uca's, bilsteins, Dakar rear leafs, air bags w/ on board air, arb bumper w/ 12k winch, and some other stuff.
                        Awesome rig!!

Not going to be a daily driver for me either but what is it that you would not like about it??

Comment

Not going to be a daily driver for me either but what is it that you would not like about it??
                          It drives, rides, handles great but the new era 3.5 motor sucks... Not that the 4.0 was a power house.. But the 3.5 with 6 speed auto is a terrible combo. I know there is some tunes out there that will help. I just haven't done it yet. It CONSTANTLY shifts. Doesnt make any power unless it's almost red lined. Dont get me wrong, it seems reliable I just wouldn't want to drive it all the time. I knew what I was getting into but wanted the newest era for interior, etc. Ive never loved driving anything with a little motor though... Just have always had one as my hunting rig. My daily's have always been built diesels so it's just so night and day. Which probably doesnt help.

Comment

Is that Toyota of Dallas??

Yes, Toyota of Dallas but I purchased at Loving Toyota in Lufkin.

Comment

Originally posted by OSU Fisher View Post
                              It drives, rides, handles great but the new era 3.5 motor sucks... Not that the 4.0 was a power house.. But the 3.5 with 6 speed auto is a terrible combo. I know there is some tunes out there that will help. I just haven't done it yet. It CONSTANTLY shifts. Doesnt make any power unless it's almost red lined. Dont get me wrong, it seems reliable I just wouldn't want to drive it all the time. I knew what I was getting into but wanted the newest era for interior, etc. Ive never loved driving anything with a little motor though... Just have always had one as my hunting rig. My daily's have always been built diesels so it's just so night and day. Which probably doesnt help.

That is the exact reason I got rid of my 2016 and went back to a 2015. The 4.0 makes the same torque as the 3.5 but the 4.0 makes it about 1000 rpm lower so drivability is much better. I think the extra gear in the 6 speeds adds to shifting constantly as well. You are not alone in feeling like that.

Comment

That is the exact reason I got rid of my 2016 and went back to a 2015. The 4.0 makes the same torque as the 3.5 but the 4.0 makes it about 1000 rpm lower so drivability is much better. I think the extra gear in the 6 speeds adds to shifting constantly as well. You are not alone in feeling like that.

This was such a mistake by Toyota. Kills me they did this. My 2012 4.0 is chipped and really runs hard. I won’t be buying a 3.5.

My next Yota will be a Tundra.

Comment

Working...
                                X