Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

4runner/Tacoma-Maybe Tundra mega thread!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Dale Moser View Post
    Yep, it always makes me laugh when people say they put one of those on for deer protection… All they are good for is small brush at low speed. A lot of times the deer pushes the brush guard into more of the truck then it would have hurt to begin with. Hood/fenders/etc.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

They have a little more value besides small brush.

Right front main vertical had a lot of deer hair and blood on it t bumper we didn't see in the dark being black. Noticed it later So it looks like it saved the right middle of my truck...but it sure didn't save that bottom corner.

F350 hit a pig near Stamford with a little ripple in the front of that same vertical piece on a Ranchhand. That same Ranchhand brushguard did not win the battle against the gas station concrete post I ran over at the end of the concrete walkway after being parked. The cross member had a nice U in it.....but it saved everything behind that cross bar.

Comment

Originally posted by Smart View Post
      They have a little more value besides small brush.

Right front main vertical had a lot of deer hair and blood on it t bumper we didn't see in the dark being black. Noticed it later So it looks like it saved the right middle of my truck...but it sure didn't save that bottom corner.

F350 hit a pig near Stamford with a little ripple in the front of that same vertical piece on a Ranchhand. That same Ranchhand brushguard did not win the battle against the gas station concrete post I ran over at the end of the concrete walkway after being parked. The cross member had a nice U in it.....but it saved everything behind that cross bar.

They definitely lessen damage, but 9 times out of 10, it’s still a deductible.

Comment

I believe in the full replacement.

I hit a round bale doing about 60, a buzzard doing....a lot[emoji15], and numerous pigs. The buzzard was quite an impact, and mess.

Comment

Of course ... we all do. But I was always of the thinking think it’s too much on a half ton. ... glad to see they are making them lighter these days..

Comment

I hit a round bale doing about 60, a buzzard doing....a lot[emoji15], and numerous pigs. The buzzard was quite an impact, and mess.

If the bale didn’t fall off a trailer.....I’d love to hear that story.

Comment

nice rigs!

Comment

Of course ... we all do. But I was always of the thinking think it’s too much on a half ton. ... glad to see they are making them lighter these days..
                Ranch hand makes the Summit series that are a little lighter gauge steel but still full replacement. I believe it would do away with that ferring thing that hangs off below the stock bumper too.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by hoythunter02 View Post
                  Ranch hand makes the Summit series that are a little lighter gauge steel but still full replacement. I believe it would do away with that ferring thing that hangs off below the stock bumper too.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Curious how that lighter gauge steel handles a 70-150 lb deer at 70 mph. Because if its just a less bent, more expensive front bumper, then it sounds like I'm wasting my time.

Comment

Got my Marathons in after 8 weeks . Kryptic Air Raid

Rears are done. Now I’m about to dive into the front seat asswhipping I’ve been told so much about.

Last edited by Smart; 08-23-2020, 03:34 PM.

Comment

Got my Marathons in after 8 weeks . Kryptic Air Raid

Rears are done. Now I’m about to dive into the front seat asswhipping I’ve been told so much about.

I put a full set in my Cummins. Be ready to feel like you have arthritis the next day.

Comment

apples to oranges but I didnt find any issues putting marathons in my taco

Comment

Originally posted by savin yours View Post
                          I put a full set in my Cummins. Be ready to feel like you have arthritis the next day.

Nailed it this morning![emoji23]. Working around the front seat electronics was fun for a fat boy.[emoji23]
                          Last edited by Smart; 08-24-2020, 06:02 AM.

Comment

The wife just got this new 4 Runner
                            So far she loves it.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by RTM View Post
                              The wife just got this new 4 Runner
                              So far she loves it.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk
                              Congrats! Nice lookin rig!

Comment

Nailed it this morning![emoji23]. Working around the front seat electronics was fun for a fat boy.[emoji23]

I’m still cussing after putting them in my wife’s 4 runner.

Comment

Working...
                                X