Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

4runner/Tacoma-Maybe Tundra mega thread!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Since I’m on the coast and truck will be on the beach a lot I had it undercoated last week. Today I added the TBH sticker and a front receiver hitch

Will mainly be used for the rod rack/ice chest holder

Ready to go down beach. I also ordered a MX4 bed cover that should come in early next week.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Originally posted by gpena View Post
      Since I’m on the coast and truck will be on the beach a lot I had it undercoated last week. Today I added the TBH sticker and a front receiver hitch

Ready to go down beach. I also ordered a MX4 bed cover that should come in early next week.

That is awesome!

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Comment

**** nice GP! I am really digging the Mx4 cover too. Gonna be handy during dove and deer season ..

Comment

Who did you use for the undercoating? Mind sharing cost?

Comment

Ziebart here in Corpus Christi, it was a little more then the other places($350) that i called but they will reapply once a year for only $99. Being so close to the Gulf we have to have it done down here.

Comment

Got my Roam Adventure awning, and Dometic dual zone fridge. Tent should be here by the end of the month.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

that's cool

Comment

Looks great. A fridge is a game changer in a vehicle. Check your Dometic, they just recalled a bunch of those because they can fry your electrical.

Comment

Originally posted by thegrouse View Post
                    Looks great. A fridge is a game changer in a vehicle. Check your Dometic, they just recalled a bunch of those because they can fry your electrical.

Yea, it just states that you can’t have ac and dc plugged in at the same time.

Comment

Originally posted by TxDan View Post
                      I’ve got a 2019 taco trd off-road. Love it. Just not getting the gas mileage expected. On highway I’m at about 16mpg. Was expecting closer to 20.

Haven’t had to put it in 4 wheel drive yet. Looking forward to taking to big shell for some shark fishing.

Anyone else get crappy mpg on their 2019 taco?
                      Originally posted by Flex View Post
                      They all get that. Some guys get lucky and stock truck and tires get 18-20 highway. Most people average 14-17mpg in these trucks. Doesnt matter if highway or not.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk
                      Usually tires are the culprit. Stock Tacoma tires weigh 40 lbs. If you put on KO2's or similar it will kill your mpg's. Tons of people do this and then complain. These trucks were not made to run 10 ply tires.
                      Better choices are Toyo At, Hankook At, Nitto AT along with a few others in P metric tires (4 ply) I ran the Toyo 265/75/16 on my 16 Taco and always got 20+ mpg. they weighed 1 pound more than stock.
                      On my FJ I am running Nitto ridge graplers in 285/70/17 P metric they weigh about 6 lbs more than stock and I lost +or- 3 mpg If you care about mpg's stick with tires that weigh about the same as stock.
                      You would be surprised how heavy some of the tires out there are.

Comment

I have some Husky liners in the classifieds for a 03-09 4runner if anyone is interested.

Comment

Made a hoist for my rack. When everything is loaded on the rack, I’m guessing it’s gonna be around 270ish lbs.

Comment

Originally posted by savin yours View Post
                            Made a hoist for my rack. When everything is loaded on the rack, I’m guessing it’s gonna be around 270ish lbs.

I need to do this to lift the camper off my Tacoma. Any more pics?

Comment

Originally posted by LFD2037 View Post
                              I need to do this to lift the camper off my Tacoma. Any more pics?

These two pics show everything. Winch is bolted to wall support, and the cable is ran up with a small pulley for a change of direction, then straight to the overhead pulley for the last change of direction down. I used 4 ratchet straps, one at each corner for the lifting. It’s a cheap harbor freight winch, but it has a wireless remote that will be perfect for me to operate all the way around my truck.

Comment

You can kinda see the winch, next to my breaker box.

Comment

Working...
                                X