Announcement

Collapse

TBH Maintenance

Ongoing TBH Website maintenance this evening. Your TBH visit may not be optimal during this service window.
See more
See less

4runner/Tacoma-Maybe Tundra mega thread!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Does anyone know of a fishing rod rack that is based off the Toyota Deck Rail system?

Comment

Originally posted by gpena View Post
      Does anyone know of a fishing rod rack that is based off the Toyota Deck Rail system?

Not specifically. But you can get the T nuts at any hardware store, and mount pvc to it. Wall-a!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I mentioned a while back I may be interested in selling my 2017 TRD Off-Road Premium 4RUNNER. It has a pretty extensive list of upgrades done to it. Currently has 39K-ish miles on it. I’ve got roughly $9K in extras, plus my own labor building it all. Figure I’ll ask for 50% of the upgrades. Price can be negotiated if you want me to start pulling parts off.

If you are interested, please CALL ME to discuss. Please don’t reply here and don’t txt me. 580-916-8930
        Attached Files

Comment

Well Rough Country kept moving the rear bumper ship date out further and further without really anybody there knowing when they get them. I figured I'd rather just hold onto my own money until they were back in stock instead of letting a manufacturer who couldn't deliver product hold it so I asked for a refund. They were prompt and had it back to me in 2 days.

So with that it was burning a whole in my pocket and I added my next item on the list. A Bakflip MK4 bed cover. A good number of my lease members have bed covers and they rave about them. I'm looking forward to not having to stuff the rear cab and/or break out the garbage bags on those wet deer lease and dove lease weekends, not to mention 7 hour trips down south for the holidays in weather that may not be stellar. plus it folkds and holds if I need to carry something above the bedrail. Anyway, installation was about 45 minutes when it was all said and done. Easy and straight forward....even for a guy still in "light lifting status" I'm a fan so far. These finish on these new MK4s is nice and the material is heavy duty....

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_8320.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	77.6 KB
ID:	24625293

Name:	IMG_8328.jpg
Size:	82.9 KB
ID:	24625294

Name:	IMG_8335.jpg
Size:	63.8 KB
ID:	24625295

Comment

Originally posted by Smart View Post
            Well Rough Country kept moving the rear bumper ship date out further and further without really anybody there knowing when they get them. I figured I'd rather just hold onto my own money until they were back in stock instead of letting a manufacturer who couldn't deliver product hold it so I asked for a refund. They were prompt and had it back to me in 2 days.

So with that it was burning a whole in my pocket and I added my next item on the list. A Bakflip MK4 bed cover. A good number of my lease members have bed covers and they rave about them. I'm looking forward to not having to stuff the rear cab and/or break out the garbage bags on those wet deer lease and dove lease weekends, not to mention 7 hour trips down south for the holidays in weather that may not be stellar. plus it folkds and holds if I need to carry something above the bedrail. Anyway, installation was about 45 minutes when it was all said and done. Easy and straight forward....even for a guy still in "light lifting status" I'm a fan so far. These finish on these new MK4s is nice and the material is heavy duty....

[ATTACH]1012916[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]1012917[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]1012918[/ATTACH]

Where did you order the bed cover from Jason?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Originally posted by gpena View Post
              Where did you order the bed cover from Jason?

Amazon because of the prime shipping. Bakflip sells them there and on their homepage.

I've heard BakFlip direct will sell them a little cheaper if you talk to a salesman working on commission but they couldn't get it to me until 5-6 working days. At the time I needed it to get there in the two days so I could use it on a lease trip. Of course that got foiled with a small relapse in my recent medical deal so I could have gone that route anyway.

If you have the Tundra bed rail system you have to pick the bed cover model that fits it. My model does not have the rails.

Comment

I’ve got a 2019 taco trd off-road. Love it. Just not getting the gas mileage expected. On highway I’m at about 16mpg. Was expecting closer to 20.

Haven’t had to put it in 4 wheel drive yet. Looking forward to taking to big shell for some shark fishing.

Anyone else get crappy mpg on their 2019 taco?

Comment

Originally posted by TxDan View Post
                  I’ve got a 2019 taco trd off-road. Love it. Just not getting the gas mileage expected. On highway I’m at about 16mpg. Was expecting closer to 20.

Haven’t had to put it in 4 wheel drive yet. Looking forward to taking to big shell for some shark fishing.

They all get that. Some guys get lucky and stock truck and tires get 18-20 highway. Most people average 14-17mpg in these trucks. Doesnt matter if highway or not.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by TxDan View Post

Shoot me a PM before you head down, they just extended the beach closure till August 17th...

Comment

Changed the oil, detailed, and swapped the grill light that was flickering today.

Comment

Originally posted by Flex View Post
                        Changed the oil, detailed, and swapped the grill light that was flickering today.

I’m a fan

Comment

Added these cover king seat covers for my Tundra, really like them the fit is excellent.

However, somehow got double cab seat covers for the rear instead of crew cab so the fit is off somewhat. If anyone wants the rear covers I’d make you a deal.

Comment

Still on the hunt for momma a 4 runner! Wrong time to be vehicle shopping. Do none of the TRD models have 3rd row seats? Her list of wants and what I can find aren't coming together very well and the longer they sit on the lot they're raising the price!

Comment

Originally posted by Slew View Post
                              Still on the hunt for momma a 4 runner! Wrong time to be vehicle shopping. Do none of the TRD models have 3rd row seats? Her list of wants and what I can find aren't coming together very well and the longer they sit on the lot they're raising the price!

Nope, best bet would likely be an SR5 premium to get the third row

Comment

Originally posted by Slew View Post
                                SR5 Offroad Premium has all the TRD features and 3rd row. Good luck finding one though.

Be ready to pull the trigger and travel.

Comment

Working...
                                X