Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

4runner/Tacoma-Maybe Tundra mega thread!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Limited is definitely nice!

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Rush2Judge View Post
      Thanks for the input. Very much appreciated. Reliability is key. She loves her current car even though it is 9 years old and only has 75K miles on it. The ignition coils are just a pain in the rear. Not expensive to replace but they shouldn't fail so often.

We want a vehicle that will last. The cars we have now were built in '63, '95, '00, '02, '11 and '15. The '63 is a corvette I won't ever sell and the '95 is a Jeep YJ that's going on the market soon. The '02 is a Suburban with over 200k that has to last one more year until my youngest gets out of grad school.

She's getting excited and now thinks she wants the 2020 Limited. Guess I better get busy shopping.
      If the lack of pep in the 4Runner others have spoke of is a sticking point, look in to the Pedal Commander ($299 on Amazon). This might check the last box. I don't have any firsthand experience with it on the 4Runner but I'm thinking of getting one of these for my Tundra after driving my buddy's truck who has same year/make/model as mine. Up until that point I had heard and read a lot of good stuff about them but hadn't pulled the trigger because I hadn't tried one recently. It's not a supercharger but the multiple driving modes were fun to play with and definitely got more out of the 5.7. The Tow Haul button provides a similar option but this provides more options ranging from normal to Tow Haul and then some.

Comment

Originally posted by fish4food View Post
        Serious question, not trying to be smart. Where would you lift the truck using the Hi-Lift?

Can’t see factory bumpers or steps being strong enough to lift from.
        I did see an attachment that you could lift from the rim itself.

Valid question. The rim attachment, or using it as a winch or to moved very large rocks out of the way. We will be in big Bend by ourselves, and I want every opportunity to make it out alone.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Thanks for the input. Very much appreciated. Reliability is key. She loves her current car even though it is 9 years old and only has 75K miles on it. The ignition coils are just a pain in the rear. Not expensive to replace but they shouldn't fail so often.

We want a vehicle that will last. The cars we have now were built in '63, '95, '00, '02, '11 and '15. The '63 is a corvette I won't ever sell and the '95 is a Jeep YJ that's going on the market soon. The '02 is a Suburban with over 200k that has to last one more year until my youngest gets out of grad school.

She's getting excited and now thinks she wants the 2020 Limited. Guess I better get busy shopping.
          Id get the V6 and if you want sporty put a supercharger on it. They arent sporty without one.

Comment

Question for you Toyota experts... Now that my wife has zeroed in on one of these things, if we were to buy new, how much can you expect to get off the MSRP/Build-price?

Comment

Tundra/Toyota folks with the regular chipped "non smart" key.......it is my understanding that I cannot start my truck without one of my expensive arsed chipped keys....but I like to have a spare key in case I lose one or get locked out/lose a key at the lease or wherever.. Have any of y'all had a regular key made to at least get in the door so I can get to, say a spare, in the console safe? I'm just trying to think ahead without putting a $150 key in some kind of hide a key box exposed to the elements.

Or maybe any other solutions? My Boy Scout "Always Be Prepared" OCD is ticking..

Comment

Originally posted by Smart View Post
                Tundra/Toyota folks with the regular chipped "non smart" key.......it is my understanding that I cannot start my truck without one of my expensive arsed chipped keys....but I like to have a spare key in case I lose one or get locked out/lose a key at the lease or wherever.. Have any of y'all had a regular key made to at least get in the door so I can get to, say a spare, in the console safe? I'm just trying to think ahead without putting a $150 key in some kind of hide a key box exposed to the elements.

Or maybe any other solutions? My Boy Scout "Always Be Prepared" OCD is ticking..
                I wanted a spare key also and have a 2019 Tacoma. Chipped "non smart" key. The duplicate key with remote locking was expensive but I purchased a duplicate key with NO remote locking. Just a regular key but it does have the chip so the vehicle will start. Just have to use the key to unlock the car. MUCH CHEAPER. I think it was around $30.

Comment

I took my key to Lowes. They made one. Got a magnetic key box and I am all set. The bracket for the back bumper works good.

Comment

Originally posted by HunterDan2006 View Post
                    I wanted a spare key also and have a 2019 Tacoma. Chipped "non smart" key. The duplicate key with remote locking was expensive but I purchased a duplicate key with NO remote locking. Just a regular key but it does have the chip so the vehicle will start. Just have to use the key to unlock the car. MUCH CHEAPER. I think it was around $30.

Good information....Where did you get this?

Originally posted by Huntindad View Post
                    I took my key to Lowes. They made one. Got a magnetic key box and I am all set. The bracket for the back bumper works good.

Good to hear....is it just an all metal key?

Comment

Question for you Toyota experts... Now that my wife has zeroed in on one of these things, if we were to buy new, how much can you expect to get off the MSRP/Build-price?

*Not an expert here* If you get 4-5% off, you’re doing good. They don’t usually give much wiggle room.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Good to hear....is it just an all metal key?
                        naah, it has a little plastic but it is a basic key to serve one purpose...to get my happy butt in the truck should i lock my keys in.

Comment

[QUOTE=Smart;14978815]Good information....Where did you get this?

I went to A1 Locksmith.

Comment

Originally posted by Huntindad View Post
                            naah, it has a little plastic but it is a basic key to serve one purpose...to get my happy butt in the truck should i lock my keys in.

ok...great! Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by HunterDan2006 View Post
                              I went to A1 Locksmith.

Thank you!

Comment

Picking up these wheel for my Tundra
                                Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                                X