Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

4runner/Tacoma-Maybe Tundra mega thread!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thinking about leveling my tundra or a possible smaller lift. Torn between rough country and ready lift. Anything I should know about both brands both pros and cons?

Comment

Originally posted by deerslayer94 View Post
      Thinking about leveling my tundra or a possible smaller lift. Torn between rough country and ready lift. Anything I should know about both brands both pros and cons?

I was recommended to go ReadyLift over RC. ReadyLift has the differential drop spacers included in their lifts now that aid in keeping the CV joint aligned and working..

I don’t know why exactly but I have seen folks make fun of RC lifts/levels on the Tundra forums .

I went 2.4 level up front. Was going to go 3-1 but decided at 51 and being a big ole boy, I’m good getting in and out of it with 2.4” front level

Comment

Originally posted by savin yours View Post

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
        Where did you get the bedcover and rack?

That is a great looking truck!

Comment

Originally posted by Smart View Post
          I was recommended to go ReadyLift over RC. ReadyLift has the differential drop spacers included in their lifts now that aid in keeping the CV joint aligned and working..

I don’t know why exactly but I have seen folks make fun of RC lifts/levels on the Tundra forums .

I went 2.4 level up front. Was going to go 3-1 but decided at 51 and being a big ole boy, I’m good getting in and out of it with 2.4” front level

Can’t wait to see it with that rear bumper !!!

Comment

Originally posted by NBK75 View Post
            Can’t wait to see it with that rear bumper !!!

Me either! They backordered me twice now!

Took my money and have delayed me when it was “in stock” ready to ship 6/12. I’m now at 7/7 ship date. If it changes again, I may tell them to keep it.

Comment

I need new shoes and running boards on mine but have an OME lift on mine.

Comment

Ordered a Rough Country rear bumper for my Tundra. I fill feeders from the back of my truck and needed a wider/ stronger rear bumper than the stock tinfoil bumper to get my big arse in and out of. Trying to make my truck practical for my leases but not break the bank. It was a good price point with solid reviews. Can’t believe some of the rear bumpers in the $1300-1500 range. [emoji33]. RanchHand doesn’t make a rear with backup sensor holes so they were out.

RC should be in this week for me to put on.

Not that I could install right now anyway but this **** bumper is still backordered. They have changed it on me 3 times now asking me to be patient with Covid. I think I have been more than patient after almost 2 months. I'm right on the verge and telling them to jump off a cliff and getting my money back and buying something else. The only thing that's keeping me is anything else I like is $300-400 more. ****** me off.

Comment

Not that I could install right now anyway but this **** bumper is still backordered. They have changed it on me 3 times now asking me to be patient with Covid. I think I have been more than patient after almost 2 months. I'm right on the verge and telling them to jump off a cliff and getting my money back and buying something else. The only thing that's keeping me is anything else I like is $300-400 more. ****** me off.

Who did you get it through?

Comment

Who did you get it through?

Straight from Rough Country's website

Comment

I just bought a Tundra and was trying to order nerf bars for it and ran into the same deal. Because of COVID, supply and builders shut down and all inventory was sold. Now, everyone is waiting for inventory to be built and shipped. Patience youngun.

Comment

So I just called Rough Country....again......they are backordered by 160 rear bumper units per the guy I talked to.......and they have no idea where I am in the queue. He said "we got 50 in the other day and filled what we could." All the other places that sell them get them drop shipped from RC so nobody has any in stock in the US.

So.... I'm torn between waiting in line and staying in the queue for.....1) fulfillment, 2) possible multiple changes in the shipped date...again and again, 3). waiting for something that is not going to happen for a long, long time because he could be BSing me about the 50 units they got or 4).getting a refund and using that money on another more expensive bumper or on something like a bedcover......and just buy the bumper later when they show in stock again. I'm a little concerned with a company holding on to my $750 bucks that can't provide product..... they could go belly up and I'm screwed...

Comment

I've seen this thread for awhile but, I have never opened it since it wasn't relevant to me. Well... Yesterday, my wife said she may be interested in a 4Runner. She has a 2011 BMW convertible that she loves to drive but, the extended warranty ran out and I'm in no mood to replace the ignition coils myself every 4-6 months (light just came on again).

She really doesn't like all the lookalike SUVs out there today and likes the look and reliability of the 4Runner. She is not into bells and whistles. Her only "must haves" are Apple CarPlay and heated seats. So, my question is "how do they drive?". She likes sporty and I wonder how the 4L will stack up. We will test drive one obviously but, so many posts on this thread are about mods and off-roading. I'm curious how the suburb moms are liking theirs? Our kids are grown so we don't need a big SUV.
                          Last edited by Rush2Judge; 07-13-2020, 02:08 PM.

Comment

Serious question, not trying to be smart. Where would you lift the truck using the Hi-Lift?

Can’t see factory bumpers or steps being strong enough to lift from.
                            I did see an attachment that you could lift from the rim itself.

Comment

Originally posted by Rush2Judge View Post
                              I've seen this thread for awhile but, I have never opened it since it wasn't relevant to me. Well... Yesterday, my wife said she may be interested in a 4Runner. She has a 2011 BMW convertible that she loves to drive but, the extended warranty ran out and I'm in no mood to replace the ignition coils myself every 4-6 months (light just came on again).

She really doesn't like all the lookalike SUVs out there today and likes the look and reliability of the 4Runner. She is not into bells and whistles. Her only "must haves" are Apple CarPlay and heated seats. So, my question is "how do they drive?". She likes sporty and I wonder how the 4L will stack up. We will test drive one obviously but, so many posts on this thread are about mods and off-roading. I'm curious how the suburb moms are liking theirs? Our kids are grown so we don't need a big SUV.
                              I like it. But there is NO POWER. Just an accepted thing. Is it a fun ride? Yes. In stock or mild configuration they are smooth, quiet, and easy to drive and park. Plenty of room.
                              But you are not going to be zipping around town like some of the other SUVs unless you supercharge it.

My wife loved it when she was driving it. After kid 3 I took 4runner and she got a sequoia. I'd rather drive a lifted sequoia. Tons of power, better mpg. Smoother ride.

I plan on keeping the 4runner until the wheels fall off. So it will eventually get supercharged.

However. If I was going to buy something new every few years and keep warranty i would drive an overland Grand Cherokee hemi 4x4. Tons of power, nicer interior, better mpg. Con is reliability in that when warranty expires.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Flex View Post
                                I like it. But there is NO POWER. Just an accepted thing. Is it a fun ride? Yes. In stock or mild configuration they are smooth, quiet, and easy to drive and park. Plenty of room.
                                But you are not going to be zipping around town like some of the other SUVs unless you supercharge it.

My wife loved it when she was driving it. After kid 3 I took 4runner and she got a sequoia. I'd rather drive a lifted sequoia. Tons of power, better mpg. Smoother ride.

I plan on keeping the 4runner until the wheels fall off. So it will eventually get supercharged.

However. If I was going to buy something new every few years and keep warranty i would drive an overland Grand Cherokee hemi 4x4. Tons of power, nicer interior, better mpg. Con is reliability in that when warranty expires.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk
                                Thanks for the input. Very much appreciated. Reliability is key. She loves her current car even though it is 9 years old and only has 75K miles on it. The ignition coils are just a pain in the rear. Not expensive to replace but they shouldn't fail so often.

We want a vehicle that will last. The cars we have now were built in '63, '95, '00, '02, '11 and '15. The '63 is a corvette I won't ever sell and the '95 is a Jeep YJ that's going on the market soon. The '02 is a Suburban with over 200k that has to last one more year until my youngest gets out of grad school.

She's getting excited and now thinks she wants the 2020 Limited. Guess I better get busy shopping.
                                Last edited by Rush2Judge; 07-14-2020, 08:03 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X