TBH Bee Keepers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by johnpaul View Post
    If anyone needs queen cells for splits let me know. I should have anywhere from 1-300 extras every day from here to the first week of April. Located in Winnie.
    What strain of bees do you have? We've been catching lots of swarms lately, and we always requeen them as we have such an issue with hybrid africanized bees.

Comment

Originally posted by DawgOnIt View Post
      What strain of bees do you have? We've been catching lots of swarms lately, and we always requeen them as we have such an issue with hybrid africanized bees.
      I’ll shoot you a pm

Comment

Got a swarm that finally found my trap !
        Got the boxes and some stuff today, Getting ready to relocate soon.
        First try at this, super excited.

Comment

Originally posted by sasqy View Post
          Got a swarm that finally found my trap !
          Got the boxes and some stuff today, Getting ready to relocate soon.
          First try at this, super excited.

Good luck! YouTube is your friend. Also a FB group called Texas Friendly Beekeepers is awesome.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Biggs View Post
            Good luck! YouTube is your friend. Also a FB group called Texas Friendly Beekeepers is awesome.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
            Don’t have FB, so will have to rely solely on YouTube, Google, and the great Ol mind trust, TBH !
            Let’s keep this thread up and see what’s going on with everyone else.
            Note, already costly lol,

Comment

New at bee keeping and luckily have a great mentor/friend. I bought insulted boxes. Bought three active hives and split them the day I brought them home. Two months in and I have six thriving hives. Already had to add supers to two of then. Super cool stuff!

Buddy and I partnered with the ag program at the high school. Established a bee keeping club with my yard as the 'lab'. We're just getting up and running.

Maroon/gold. Dripping Springs Tigers.

Last week I couldn't help but rob just a few spoonfuls.

Sent from my SM-G781U using Tapatalk

Comment

TX_cattleman: just curious, what do you have as far as plants/flowers for your bees? I can think of prickly pear cactus when it flowers, mesquite, bluebonnets, and a few others. I have some hives north of Fredericksburg, and wondering what they are eating. I feed pollen to them when I can get up there. Bless this current rain, and hoping a ton of wildflowers come up for them to eat off of.

Comment

We have 4 hives and 4 acres of clover for them.

Comment

How does everyone anchor there hives to there stand ?

Comment

I put a good sized flat rock on the roof of mine.

Comment

Free bees..... come and get them!!

Neighbors trailer has ton of bees underneath it. Hive is very near the edge. Not Africanized as are not aggressive. We're on the Junco Ranch. Between Freer and Encinal. Come and get them.
                        PM if interested.

Ryan

Comment

Originally posted by hog_down View Post
                          TX_cattleman: just curious, what do you have as far as plants/flowers for your bees? I can think of prickly pear cactus when it flowers, mesquite, bluebonnets, and a few others. I have some hives north of Fredericksburg, and wondering what they are eating. I feed pollen to them when I can get up there. Bless this current rain, and hoping a ton of wildflowers come up for them to eat off of.
                          We have an insane mount of blooming flowers on our six acres. The amount planted in a dozen or so flower beds should keep them going. Also have a good amount of wild flowers I've worked to establish the last few years. I even went so far as letting the thistle on the back side of my place rock and roll. (used to kill them ALL with great pleasure). My vegetable garden includes 35 flowering cantaloupe and cuke vines.

HOWEVER, I have not seen more than one or two honey bees on ANY of my flowers. It is the strangest thing. They are all within 100 or 150 yards of the hives. When I watch the bees fly into the hive, their little bee legs are covered with intensely, bright orange pollen. I have no idea what it is or where they're getting it. I cannot wait to have A&M run a test on my honey and see what they're making it from.

Comment

Ive got 4 hives in the Pipe Creek area. Didnt lose any hives. All of the hives are doing well. I just requeened a month ago and looks like they didnt skip a beat.

Comment

Anyone interested in a removal in Houston 77035? Shoot me a pm.

Comment

Originally posted by ptlmg View Post
                                Ive got 4 hives in the Pipe Creek area. Didnt lose any hives. All of the hives are doing well. I just requeened a month ago and looks like they didnt skip a beat.
                                Ive got 6 hives now, and just bought a new Nuc thru the local bee club. I’m just down the road between Bandera and Medina. 👍🏻

Comment

Working...
                                X