Announcement

Collapse

TBH Maintenance

Ongoing TBH Website maintenance this evening. Your TBH visit may not be optimal during this service window.
See more
See less

TBH Bee Keepers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by mrpage25 View Post
    Anyone seeing swarms yet? We got two calls last week, early for even south Texas

I’m getting boxes ready but I thought that was March timeframe? It’ll be my first time and YouTube has helped a lot with tips.

Comment

correct Biggs, that's when most people start ramping up. No such thing as a dumb question, either.

Comment

Originally posted by Biggs View Post
        I’m getting boxes ready but I thought that was March timeframe? It’ll be my first time and YouTube has helped a lot with tips.
        Lady up the road caught a swarm last week. I went ahead and sat mine out it’s not going to hurt anything. I was busy with work last year and didn’t get them out till late April and missed a lot of the action I think. I still caught two swarms though.

Comment

Originally posted by sharkhunter View Post
          Lady up the road caught a swarm last week. I went ahead and sat mine out it’s not going to hurt anything. I was busy with work last year and didn’t get them out till late April and missed a lot of the action I think. I still caught two swarms though.
          With the warm weather for the last couple of weeks, my hives have increased in numbers, so a swarm right now isn't out of the question, but March, April, May are good months.

Comment

Do any of yall "winterize" yalls hives/bees?

Comment

I am very interested in yalls swarm trap mounting methods?? Whats the best, easiest, repeatable method?

Comment

Lemongrass oil purchased. getting closer to trap time

Comment

Originally posted by Biggs View Post
                  I am very interested in yalls swarm trap mounting methods?? Whats the best, easiest, repeatable method?
                  A screw-in step or lag bolt works good with a stench strap around the tree

Comment

Will start putting our traps out in the next few weeks, once we start seeing drones then we are good to go. We mount our traps about 6' off the ground, but have caught many much higher. Depending on your trap type, a lock on deer stand makes a good mount for a box trap.

Comment

Originally posted by Ferg View Post
                      Will start putting our traps out in the next few weeks, once we start seeing drones then we are good to go. We mount our traps about 6' off the ground, but have caught many much higher. Depending on your trap type, a lock on deer stand makes a good mount for a box trap.
                      Started seeing Drones this week.

Comment

loemylegacy....would you recommend getting started with a flow hive? I'm thinking I want to try my hand at this in the backyard this year. Flow hive seems like the most fool proof way to start (although expensive, but its a hobby, theyre all expensive!)

Comment

Putting in a few queens today.
                          Attached Files

Comment

You selling a few of those? I need a couple.

Comment

Nice! I've got swarm traps out. Both of my hives built up way early in January and are going strong. They thankfully weathered the winter storm just fine. Had to feed feed feed before & after the storm but they did good. Hopefully these rains will trigger a decent nectar flow shortly. Both queens are on their 3rd year so I'll probably be requeening them sometime later this year.

Comment

Originally posted by Witchgrass View Post
                                You selling a few of those? I need a couple.
                                I can usually spare a couple. Are you ever in the Beaumont area?

Comment

Working...
                                X