• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by texansfan View Post
    https://texasbeekeepers.org/events/b...on/2019-11-19/

If you have Facebook send them a message here

Somebody will come grab them
    I don't have any of the SMs. I'll use the info from the website though.

Comment

If anyone decides to buy stout nucs or single story hives get in contact with me, I’ll have a few extra to get rid of. All will be with new 2021 queens reared far outside the Africanized zone and I will have them marked. Located in Wilson county

Comment

Originally posted by MASTERS View Post
        If anyone decides to buy stout nucs or single story hives get in contact with me, I’ll have a few extra to get rid of. All will be with new 2021 queens reared far outside the Africanized zone and I will have them marked. Located in Wilson county
        How much for your nukes and your queens?
        SC doesn't like nucs

Comment

Started building two boxes last weekend and found 26 dove tailed frames my dad made 40 years ago to go in them.

Comment

Would love to get some bees at some point what is needed to get started? Wife’s grandpa used to raise them, sure wouldn’t mind having 1-2 hives around the property.

Is 3 acres big enough for 1-2 hives?

Comment

Originally posted by BLACKFINTURKEY View Post
              Would love to get some bees at some point what is needed to get started? Wife’s grandpa used to raise them, sure wouldn’t mind having 1-2 hives around the property.

Unless you are gonna get an exemption, acreage isn't a requirement for bees, unless you gonna have a bunch of them. Yes 3 acres is plenty. I had 3 hives at my house, 1acre in size.

Comment

Originally posted by BLACKFINTURKEY View Post

Yes it would, if you are interested in getting some let me know, I could fix you up!

Comment

Originally posted by texansfan View Post
                  How much for your nukes and your queens?
                  SC doesn't like nucs

Shoot me a pm, not sure I savvy the last part of your comment...

Comment

Shoot me a pm, not sure I savvy the last part of your comment...
                    Spell check (sc) does not lie nucs
                    It changes nucs to nukes

Other than that in looking to get a half dozen nucs and a dozen queens

Comment

How’s everyone’s hives doing? Taking any steps to protect them from the upcoming cold snap?

I’ve had a big buildup in bees in my hives due to the warm weather and tons of pollen coming in. It’s this situation that can get you in real trouble this time of year if the hives don’t have good stores of honey. I put in 5lb soft sugar bricks as insurance. With a buildup of bees they can burn though a lot of honey!

Comment

Killing varroa this past weekend. The provap makes it easy rolling thru 65ish hives in an afternoon. Will do a couple more rounds while the brood pattern is still pretty small. All of my hives were really heavy with food still at 3 of my bee yards. Lots of bees and the workers were polishing the brood cells around the capped getting ready to expand as the pollen comes in. I start feeding pollen patty’s and syrup middle of February in anticipation of making splits the end of March.
                        I’m going to 1 to 1 right after this cold spell.

Comment

Anyone seeing swarms yet? We got two calls last week, early for even south Texas

Comment

I have two hives. One looks great brood pattern looks good and spotted the Queen.
                            The other hive all I found was drone brood. I checked them on 1/25 was my first deep inspection. Had drone brood then. Checked again 2/8. No change in pattern. I did see two queen cells. With one inside. Any thoughts on what going on. Laying worker? Queen Dead?

Comment

Originally posted by dxtbowhunter View Post
                              I have two hives. One looks great brood pattern looks good and spotted the Queen.
                              The other hive all I found was drone brood. I checked them on 1/25 was my first deep inspection. Had drone brood then. Checked again 2/8. No change in pattern. I did see two queen cells. With one inside. Any thoughts on what going on. Laying worker? Queen Dead?
                              Awfully early for that, I would think.

I scored 2 hives a few weeks back, just transferred one to a Brood box.

Comment

If anyone needs a place around Tomball to put some hives let me know.

Comment

Working...
                                X