TBH Bee Keepers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by sharkhunter View Post
    Been feeding all year except during the flow. 2to1 now till the first freeze then put a candy boards. You want them to have a min of 30 to 40 lbs of honey per brood box. Keep an eye on them in early spring that’s when they starve the most. I use a small poultry feeder for emergency feeding if I find they are really low.
    For the most part, I only feed in late Dec through Jan. The bees here pull pollen 12 months out of the year, so if they are pulling pollen, they should be pulling some nectar also. Correct?

Comment

Congratulations
      I got into a drawing for two nucs. Well I won them. Picking them up in April

Comment

Tagged for reading later

Comment

Originally posted by dxtbowhunter View Post
          Congratulations
          I got into a drawing for two nucs. Well I won them. Picking them up in April
          Sweet!

Comment

If anyone would like to pull a big hive out of our eaves north of Hawley, south of Anson let me know.

Comment

Originally posted by DRT View Post
              If anyone would like to pull a big hive out of our eaves north of Hawley, south of Anson let me know.
              Sounds like fun!

Comment

If I can't find someone they'll end up being eliminated.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Comment

Man, 6 hours one way.

Comment

Originally posted by lovemylegacy View Post
                    Man, 6 hours one way.
                    There are some around there. I was hoping someone here knew who.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by DRT View Post

If you have Facebook send them a message here

Somebody will come grab them

Comment

Originally posted by sharkhunter View Post
                        Been feeding all year except during the flow. 2to1 now till the first freeze then put a candy boards. You want them to have a min of 30 to 40 lbs of honey per brood box. Keep an eye on them in early spring that’s when they starve the most. I use a small poultry feeder for emergency feeding if I find they are really low.

What are yall doing to prepare for spring?
                        I went through my hives the day before it snowed and then two days after the snow I lifted the lids to peek for a second.

All is well.

I'll probably stick a touch of pollen patty in each hive on valentines day.

I feed with internal frame feeders since October to be on the safe side

Comment

Originally posted by texansfan View Post
                          What are yall doing to prepare for spring?
                          I went through my hives the day before it snowed and then two days after the snow I lifted the lids to peek for a second.

All is well.

I'll probably stick a touch of pollen patty in each hive on valentines day.

I feed with internal frame feeders since October to be on the safe side
                          I have a couple of boxes waiting for swarms and a couple for Hive expansion. Im also gonna start another Flow Hive. Also prepping my property for bees also, with various fruit trees, shrubs, etc.

Comment

Originally posted by lovemylegacy View Post
                            I have a couple of boxes waiting for swarms and a couple for Hive expansion. Im also gonna start another Flow Hive. Also prepping my property for bees also, with various fruit trees, shrubs, etc.
                            Another.... flow hive?
                            How many do you have?
                            I only cut a window into one of my hives so my kids can look inside but I don't even use that box anymore, it was a super.

I'm always throwing out seed or planting something
                            My place has tons of pollinators already so I'm good but like to look at more.
                            I get that "wedding tree" something fierce

Comment

Originally posted by texansfan View Post
                              Another.... flow hive?
                              How many do you have?
                              I only cut a window into one of my hives so my kids can look inside but I don't even use that box anymore, it was a super.

I'm always throwing out seed or planting something
                              My place has tons of pollinators already so I'm good but like to look at more.
                              I get that "wedding tree" something fierce
                              This will be my 3rd one, Flow Hive

Comment

Killing varroa this past weekend. The provap makes it easy rolling thru 65ish hives in an afternoon. Will do a couple more rounds while the brood pattern is still pretty small. All of my hives were really heavy with food still at 3 of my bee yards. Lots of bees and the workers were polishing the brood cells around the capped getting ready to expand as the pollen comes in. I start feeding pollen patty’s and syrup middle of February in anticipation of making splits the end of March.

Comment

Working...
                                X