No announcement yet.

TBH Bee Keepers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If any of y’all bee keepers are interested I have some honey bees I need removed in ponder/ Justin area.

Comment

Originally posted by Jnorth View Post
      If any of y’all bee keepers are interested I have some honey bees I need removed in ponder/ Justin area.
      I know a guy in Flower Mound who might could help. He's not on here but is a bee keeper.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Comment

Sad day here, I just lost 6 hives due to areial spraying for Armyworms.

Wow...very sorry. That is awful.

Comment

Originally posted by Hookset View Post
          Sad day here, I just lost 6 hives due to areial spraying for Armyworms..
          Man that is terrible!

Comment

Anyone in the Lubbock area need a swarm/hive/colony? My son has one he needs removed.

Sent from my SM-A716V using Tapatalk

Comment

Got this one out of a water meter today.

Small hive with 4 pieces of brood comb about hand size. Caught the queen and transported them to my yard. Transferred them to a 4 frame nuc once there. Probably have to feed them all winter because they had no stores.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

cold front ...

since this cold weather has hit us pretty early this year, should I be concerned yet about closing up my hives somewhat and what specifically should I do? Last year, we lost all of our bees during the winter, only two hives but still.
                I live between Red River and DFW areas. My hives are vented on the bottom.

Comment

Inspected 2 of my hives yesterday, one was loaded with honey, the other, no honey at all, so I will feed that one all winter. The thing is both had lots of bees and brood. Do not understand why the one hive had no honey.

Comment

We have a big colony living in the eves of our mobile home. We had flowers still till this hit.
                    I'd like to find someone in the Abilene/ Anson area to come get them in the spring.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Comment

Did a water meter removal today. By far the latest in the year I’ve ever done one.

Found the queen on the second piece of comb I removed[emoji106]. Put them in a nuc and done. Pretty small hive, they had some honey but probably not enough to get them through the winter.

Comment

At what point do yall start feeding your hives?

Comment

I've been feeding 2/1 since October 1. Probably one more feeding the I'll put candy board on

Comment

Originally posted by lovemylegacy View Post
                            At what point do yall start feeding your hives?
                            Been feeding all year except during the flow. 2to1 now till the first freeze then put a candy boards. You want them to have a min of 30 to 40 lbs of honey per brood box. Keep an eye on them in early spring that’s when they starve the most. I use a small poultry feeder for emergency feeding if I find they are really low.

Comment

If anyone is looking for some room to place a couple hives, we have land in Meyersville and gonzales that we will love to have a couple hives on!

Comment

Well, a friend of mine gave me 4 hives. I am a happy beekeeper to say the least.

Comment

Working...
                                X