No announcement yet.

Washing machine quality.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well, you fellers have come through! Thanx! I appreciate it.

Comment

Stay away from electronic controls. You really don't need 20 different cycles anyway. Like most said on here, old school works beat.
      My first washing machine lasted 15 years, and the drier 31. Did have to replace multiple elements and a couple of fuse links, that were the same that electric heaters used, so I had on the truck. Some have a difficult time grasping the importance of cleaning a lint screen,

Kenmore doesn't make any appliances, mostly they are Frigidaire. Go online and get the model codes for sears appliances, the first 3 digits tell who made it.
      In the old days Kenmore appliances were whirlpool.

Comment

Originally posted by RifleBowPistol View Post
        The only thing we have found that works, is if someone sits on top of it, then it will run smoothly.
        She just loves her washer.

Comment

Originally posted by 175gr7.62 View Post
          Go get a old school non-high efficiency machine. Learned that lesson for good about 3 years ago.
          yep, regular white plain jane top load maytag for 4-5 hundred bucks will last 6-8 years with heavy use.

Comment

My Kenmore 80 Series washer and dryer are 25 years old and still run great. Only thing I've ever replaced was the lid switch on the washer and that was a cheap fix. If this set doesn't outlive me not sure what I'd go to next.

Comment

Be careful with the “buy the simple machine” thing. My 2 year old top load agitator stainless drum analog control kenmore unit was not repairable when the pump went out. They had some fancy way to drive the water pump using its own tiny little motor instead of the big one that turns the drum like every other model for the last million years.

I went and bought a speed queen set used for what it was going to cost to repair the washer. No BSing.

Comment

Originally posted by Worksalot View Post
                Speed Queen quality has now suffered as well. Dunno if it’s due to EPA or what. But it seems over the last two or three years changes were made to SQ design. As a result the washing machines don’t get dirty clothes as clean as once did.
                Bingo! We bought one a year ago, it’s a good machine but it really doesn’t get dirty clothes good and clean.

Comment

As someone already said, speed queen used to be the cream of the crop. When they redesigned them their performance went down. Also, I wasn’t impressed with their warranty service. I called a recommended service person whose number I received from the dealer I purchased it. A little plastic piece broke under the lid so the lid lock wouldn’t work. It was pretty obvious He didn’t want to mess with the small job. Luckily I was able to gorilla glue and epoxy it back together

Comment

Electrolux. No comparison

Comment

Originally posted by double bogey View Post
                      Stay away from electronic controls. You really don't need 20 different cycles anyway. Like most said on here, old school works beat.
                      My first washing machine lasted 15 years, and the drier 31. Did have to replace multiple elements and a couple of fuse links, that were the same that electric heaters used, so I had on the truck. Some have a difficult time grasping the importance of cleaning a lint screen,

Kenmore doesn't make any appliances, mostly they are Frigidaire. Go online and get the model codes for sears appliances, the first 3 digits tell who made it.
                      In the old days Kenmore appliances were whirlpool.

nope. Whirlpool still makin' them.

'As of 2017, Kenmore products are produced by manufacturers such as Whirlpool, LG, Electrolux, Panasonic, Cleva North America, and Daewoo Electronics.'

Comment

I've had great success with GE appliances.

Comment

Originally posted by 175gr7.62 View Post
                          Go get a old school non-high efficiency machine. Learned that lesson for good about 3 years ago.
                          ^^^^this^^^^

I have a high efficiency Samsuk. 2yrs old and doesn’t work for crap!!!

Comment

Washing machine quality.

Speed Queen. Don’t bother with the others. Ours has been top notch and gets worked hard.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by kry226 View Post
                              Speed Queen reverted back to their classic model for 2019. We bought a matched set in Dec with a 10 year factory warranty. I love them and have been putting the miles on the set from day one. We cut them no slack. Very happy with our purchase.
                              It would be interesting to know if it uses less water than say the 2017 or 2018 equivalent model. And are the wash and spin cycles the same as far as time.

Comment

Originally posted by Worksalot View Post
                                It would be interesting to know if it uses less water than say the 2017 or 2018 equivalent model. And are the wash and spin cycles the same as far as time.
                                Actually there's a button for a deep water cycle on the 2019 machines. We use it all the time, especially on big and bulky things. As far as time, I have nothing to compare to as this is our first SQ set. But I'm sure there are some youtubers out there who have made the time comparisons.

Also, no lid lock on our machine and I bypassed the water shut-off on an open lid with a clothes pin- all it does is keep two pieces of metal from touching.
                                Last edited by kry226; 01-30-2020, 08:29 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X