No announcement yet.

High school baseball tryouts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My son had his first two rounds of freshmen tryouts yesterday and today...about 30 kids there...first cuts happening on Monday, more on Tues. to get to their roster number.

Good luck to everyone!

Comment

My son's are over and they will announce teams next week. He says he did his best so that's good enough for me!

Comment

My oldest( a freshman) finished up day 2 of tryouts, have one more Monday night then they find out if he made it and what team.

Comment

Had tryouts Friday and Saturday for my freshman at community high school. So far working with Varsity so hope it stays that way

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

That time of the year.

Comment

Had one of my players fall to the politics of HS Prep baseball. He was passed up for a kid that played for me in the past because he new the coach. The one they took had a 128 batting average and the one they passed on had a 500 batting average when they played for me crazy. He has all summer and fall before he hits HS school he should be fine once the real coach makes the picks. I was really ****** to hear this at our tournament this morning!!

Comment

We have our first scrimmage late this week. Gonna be interesting. Only have a couple kids that played for State last year. It will be enjoyable to watch whatever happens

Comment

Originally posted by Grant2 View Post
                  Had one of my players fall to the politics of HS Prep baseball. He was passed up for a kid that played for me in the past because he new the coach. The one they took had a 128 batting average and the one they passed on had a 500 batting average when they played for me crazy. He has all summer and fall before he hits HS school he should be fine once the real coach makes the picks. I was really ****** to hear this at our tournament this morning!!
                  So high school coaches aren’t looking at GameChanger stats? Hmmm.

Comment

Miss those days my son playing. Don’t blink it will be over before you know it

Comment

Good luck to all the boys today! Hopefully we'll find out this eve if our freshman made the squad. He's sure excited about the possibility of playing for his school.

Comment

Originally posted by Grant2 View Post
                        I'm not sure exactly how the prep stuff works, but I'm kind of glad we dont have it out here. I haven't heard much good about it from anyone I know that has done it.

Comment

We had them. The whole enchilada...exit velo, base running etc.

In my eyes that doesn't tell much about a player but I am just an assistant so my opinion is the same as yalls..

Baseball is always fun this time of year. Late Powerlifting practice to late baseball practices. These next two months are brutal on me.

Comment

Originally posted by TMC50 View Post
                            We had them. The whole enchilada...exit velo, base running etc.

In my eyes that doesn't tell much about a player but I am just an assistant so my opinion is the same as yalls..

Baseball is always fun this time of year. Late Powerlifting practice to late baseball practices. These next two months are brutal on me.
                            I agree on the measurables not being the end all. We had a guy with the highest exit Velo off a tee not able to hit live pitching

Comment

Exit velo does not compute to baseball. My kid had the second highest in the program last week. He has not been in the hitting lineup for about 3 years.

Comment

Originally posted by glen View Post
                                Exit velo does not compute to baseball. My kid had the second highest in the program last week. He has not been in the hitting lineup for about 3 years.
                                It basically shows a players power or ability to transfer energy through the ball at contact. However, it does not reflect hand/eye coordination, pitch recognition, timing, & being a disciplined hitter against live pitching.
                                It’s part of the process to gauge the hitters power & where certain ones fall within the range

Comment

Working...
                                X