No announcement yet.

Propane or Electric Central Heat?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Which ever system you go with, you may still want to put in a wood burning stove if you live in the country. While our electricity has gone of many times, twice it has gone off for several days when it was very cold. The worst was when it was 16 for 5 days. Our neighbors had to go stay at hotels and relatives in Austin. When they got home they had to deal with frozen pipes inside the house. We just put another log on the fire. No problem.

Comment

We just finished our house 2094 sf, we went with electric... 4 ton two stage heat pump. Ceilings are 9ft and 11ft, wood burning fireplace that gets used a lot. We have propane for the stove, bbq on the back patio and the fireplace to start the fires. I can't say how much propane we have used in the three months we have been there, but the electric bill has been $109.00 the first full month and last month was $124.00. I had heard horror stories about the propane prices so that was always in the back of our heads when we made our choice to go electric heat.

Comment

I put 100 gallons in mine back in November and I checked yesterday and I need to add propane.

I hate propane.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Draco View Post
          Which ever system you go with, you may still want to put in a wood burning stove if you live in the country. While our electricity has gone of many times, twice it has gone off for several days when it was very cold. The worst was when it was 16 for 5 days. Our neighbors had to go stay at hotels and relatives in Austin. When they got home they had to deal with frozen pipes inside the house. We just put another log on the fire. No problem.
          Yes we will have a wood burning fireplace in the house for sure.

Comment

Originally posted by Mayhem View Post
            I put 100 gallons in mine back in November and I checked yesterday and I need to add propane.

I hate propane.

how big is your tank and your house?

Comment

200 I think. I didn’t fill it up. 100 gallons put it at 80%. I always add when it hits 20%.

Comment

Working...
              X