austin alert!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Jcjohnson View Post
    For the record, I appreciate your post too arrowsmack and Jlivi. Im an advocate for legalization also. I wasn’t trying to sound like a jerk, just seems it never changes anyone’s mind.
    All we can do is present our knowledge. The only way the stigma will be broken is via education. It's hard to reign in the negativity but it really dosen't help either side of the debate.

Comment

Originally posted by arrowsmack324 View Post
      All we can do is present our knowledge. The only way the stigma will be broken is via education. It's hard to reign in the negativity but it really dosen't help either side of the debate.
      This is true, I appreciate your efforts to educate your self with facts and present them the way you do.

Comment

Wow... a lot to read on this topic. Let me start by saying. At the age of 23 when I tore my ACL and MCL, I chose to smoke weed as a form of pain relief. I chose this because I had first hand experience seeing what an opioid addiction did to someone. Unfortunately my mother chose that lifestyle over being a mom. This was also the same time frame my oldest sons mother and I separated. So at this time I was severally depressed and in unbelievable pain. Without a doubt marijuana helped with the pain and the depression I was in. I actually slept peacefully at night, and got up and continued the same job I had prior to smoking. I do not do it now for fear of losing my job because of testing. I think the vast majority of people still buy into the stigma of "marijuana is bad" that comes from what we have been taught or led to believe. Now I know people will abuse it just like they do food, alcohol, guns or anything else that can be. If something like marijuana can be shown to have a medical purpose why should it be illegal?

Comment

Originally posted by Mike D View Post
          Thanks for taking the time to explain.

EDIT: I’m not rabidly opposed to legalization but I’ve never seen many valid points for it besides “alcohol is much more destructive so we should like MJ legal”.

As I stated earlier I wouldn’t be opposed to it for medicinal purposes if there are enough proven case studies over a long period of time, but again it’s never been on my radar to do a lot of research on it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

In regard to the medicinal side of cannabis there are innumerable cases where it has helped many different conditions the knowledge is out there I promise. Given clinical trials are not taking place currently here in the states. The federal government has actually funded a great deal of research in Israel by Dr. Yechiel Gaoni. I'm also in the boat of too much of anything is not good but, that goes back to the individual conducting themselves as a responsible adult. Thanks again.

Comment

Originally posted by ca1219 View Post
            Wow... a lot to read on this topic. Let me start by saying. At the age of 23 when I tore my ACL and MCL, I chose to smoke weed as a form of pain relief. I chose this because I had first hand experience seeing what an opioid addiction did to someone. Unfortunately my mother chose that lifestyle over being a mom. This was also the same time frame my oldest sons mother and I separated. So at this time I was severally depressed and in unbelievable pain. Without a doubt marijuana helped with the pain and the depression I was in. I actually slept peacefully at night, and got up and continued the same job I had prior to smoking. I do not do it now for fear of losing my job because of testing. I think the vast majority of people still buy into the stigma of "marijuana is bad" that comes from what we have been taught or led to believe. Now I know people will abuse it just like they do food, alcohol, guns or anything else that can be. If something like marijuana can be shown to have a medical purpose why should it be illegal?
            I'm sorry to hear about your mom's addiction and this is an ever prevalent situation. I'm glad you found your own way through hard times and chose a less dangerous means to treat your pain and depression. With knowledge of your mom's addiction you certainly did the right thing in self medicating with cannabis. Then you go on to prove the whole addiction hype is more rooted in fear. Especially since there is a genetic predisposition for addiction. These are the stories that push me to continue banging the education drum. Thanks for sharing that.

Comment

Let me also chime in on something that I have not seen mentioned. The people who are so against marijuana, how do feel about tobacco products? How many of you smoke dip or chew? I am curious how something like tobacco is accepted but marijuana is so frowned upon.

Comment

Originally posted by ca1219 View Post
                Let me also chime in on something that I have not seen mentioned. The people who are so against marijuana, how do feel about tobacco products? How many of you smoke dip or chew? I am curious how something like tobacco is accepted but marijuana is so frowned upon.

Comment

Wow just reading all of this gave me the munchies!!! Jack in the Box anyone?

Driving and texting is more dangerous than MJ..

Comment

Working...
                  X