austin alert!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ladrones View Post

Law enforcement agencies throughout TX help maintain a viable black market drug industry.
    So much truth right here!

Comment

Originally posted by JLivi1224 View Post
      We would get here eventually, right?

Comment

Sure it’s ok, open forum aside from a little name calling it’s been civil. it just feels like a dead horse at this point no one has budged. After 4 pages of basically the same thing being said over and over

Comment

Originally posted by Jcjohnson View Post
          Sure it’s ok, open forum aside from a little name calling it’s been civil. it just feels like a dead horse at this point no one has budged. After 4 pages of basically the same thing being said over and over
          Isn’t that what normally happens? People express their opinions on the same subject on repeat threads. Seldom does an opinion change. There have been many threads on the same subject and the same things are said by the same people. Lol

Comment

Originally posted by Rick View Post
            Isn’t that what normally happens? People express their opinions on the same subject on repeat threads. Seldom does an opinion change. There have been many threads on the same subject and the same things are said by the same people. Lol
            I got nothin

Comment

Gosh guys. If only there was an option to just ignore this thread.

Comment

Originally posted by arrowsmack324 View Post
                CBD can help treat pain but there is a thing known as the entourage effect with medicinal compounds i.e. cannabinoids. So for those saying it's just about getting high, you lack the knowledge of how this plant works. There are 113 identified cannabinoids that target various physiological pathways to treat plethora of conditions. Its fascinating the positive potential for it to be used as medicine. Yet our archaic legal code regarding cannabis and research involving cannabis is holding back the science all based on a giant mound of lies. Go Google the endocannabinoid system and do your own research you might surprised. Now there are people who only want to get high but these people aren't out using violence to support a pot habit it just dosen't work that way. I've actually attended the Houston Academy of Cannabis Science and have spent the time researching the subject. I know some will never be convinced but rest assured those who are for cannabis prohibition are now in the minority. I will concede there is potential for abuse but that's about the individual not the compound of choice. The gateway argument has been debunked in that those who continue on to do other drugs are also the same individuals who would abuse any substance they're exposed to. Once again that sounds like a mental health issue to me and our criminal approach has been an abysmal failure. I can only deduce if you support the status quo you're either invested in the private prison system. Do y'all remember when Texas decided to sell us back our right to carry pistol? There were many saying, "it'll be like the wild west". Yes they were terribly wrong. Do y'all remember when knife restrictions were repealed? People said there were going to be sword fights happening routinely in public. Yeah that didn't happen either.
                Y'all take care and just understand cannabis is coming and it's going to have positive effects on our society.

What positive effects is it going to have?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Originally posted by Mike D View Post

Replacing opioids for one.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Mike D View Post

With the limited steps we've taken here in our state in part thanks o the 2018 farm bill alone we're looking at a great opportunity for farming families here. Depending on how the agriculture plan is developed will ultimately decide if this is going to help texas farming families or only the large commercial farming entities.
                    I implore those who see it as a positive contact our AG commissioner Sid Miller and ask for a slightly higher THC threshold. This would help to prevent families who are staking their livelihood on the success of this program. With our climate here in Texas there are cultivars that produce minuscule amounts of THC as a stress response to heat and other stressors. As is, if a crop comes in above .03% the crop will be destroyed. This is only regarding current financial opportunity for Texas families.
                    Hemp itself has so many uses I dont dare try and go into detail on them all. It can be grown as a food crop, fiber crop, biodegradable plastics, hempcrete for building and innumerable other things. There are already multiple processing facilities being constructed or retrofitted from previous industrial complexes. This will lead to more jobs which brings more money into all communities surrounding these processing plants.
                    As for the psychoactive side of things there are already numerous well documented changes in areas that have legalized whole plant access for medicinal and recreational purposes. As mentioned above there are many people who have used cannabis as an escape hatch from opioid addiction. I know replacing one substance for another may not be the best option but I promise you they'll never overdose on cannabis. There are so many different chronic illnesses that are treated by various cannabinoids. Now is it a cure no I will not go that far but if the symptoms can be controlled then it certainly is medicine. Asthma, anxiety, depression, epilepsy, Parkinson's, Chrones, ALS, various cancers, glaucoma pain, appetite stimulation are just a few conditions that benefit from medicinal cannabis. The multiple delivery methods also effect how the medicine interacts with the body as do the ratios of various cannabinoids in the material. I.e THC, CBD, CBN, CBC, CBG and the list goes on and on. There are 113 identified cannabinoids and more will be discovered as will their benefits but the scientific community is hamstrung by its schedule 1 classification. Its really crazy when you look up patent# 6630507.
                    I'll never say people's fears are illegitimate to them but I'll also never just accept what I'm told as the absolute truth. If you look up the endocannabinoid system you might be surprised our bodies actually naturally produce cannabinoids and some are essential for maximizing our body's natural defenses. Look it up you might be surprised. I'd be happy to discuss any specific aspect. Thanks for listening.
                    Last edited by arrowsmack324; 01-25-2020, 11:50 AM.

Comment

With the limited steps we've taken here in our state in part thanks o the 2018 farm bill alone we're looking at a great opportunity for farming families here. Depending on how the agriculture plan is developed will ultimately decide if this is going to help texas farming families or only the large commercial farming entities.
                      I implore those who see it as a positive contact our AG commissioner Sid Miller and ask for a slightly higher THC threshold. This would help to prevent families who are staking their livelihood on the success of this program. With our climate here in Texas there are cultivars that produce minuscule amounts of THC as a stress response to heat and other stressors. As is, if a crop comes in above .03% the crop will be destroyed. This is only regarding current financial opportunity for Texas families.
                      Hemp itself has so many uses I dont dare try and go into detail on them all. It can be grown as a food crop, fiber crop, biodegradable plastics, hempcrete for building and innumerable other things. There are already multiple processing facilities being constructed or retrofitted from previous industrial complexes. This will lead to more jobs which brings more money into all communities surrounding these processing plants.
                      As for the psychoactive side of things there are already numerous well documented changes in areas that have legalized whole plant access for medicinal and recreational purposes. As mentioned above there are many people who have used cannabis as an escape hatch from opioid addiction. I know replacing one substance for another may not be the best option but I promise you they'll never overdose on cannabis. There are so many different chronic illnesses that are treated by various cannabinoids. Now is it a cure no I will not go that far but if the symptoms can be controlled then it certainly is medicine. Asthma, anxiety, depression, epilepsy, Parkinson's, Chrones, ALS, various cancers, glaucoma pain, appetite stimulation are just a few conditions that benefit from medicinal cannabis. The multiple delivery methods also effect how the medicine interacts with the body as do the ratios of various cannabinoids in the material. I.e THC, CBD, CBN, CBC, CBG and the list goes on and on. There are 113 identified cannabinoids and more will be discovered as will their benefits but the scientific community is hamstrung by its schedule 1 classification. Its really crazy when you look up patent# 6630507.
                      I'll never say people's fears are illegitimate to them but I'll also never just accept what I'm told as the absolute truth. If you look up the endocannabinoid system you might be surprised our bodies actually naturally produce cannabinoids and some are essential for maximizing our body's natural defenses. Look it up you might be surprised. I'd be happy to discuss any specific aspect. Thanks for listening.

Appreciate the information
                      Thank You for sharing

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Uncle Saggy View Post
                        Thank You for sharing

Thanks for taking the time to read it.

Comment

Originally posted by Uncle Saggy View Post
                          Thank You for sharing

X2

Comment

Thanks for taking the time to read it.

Thank You for taking the time to lay it out.

I’ve been a long time proponent for legalization and like to learn all I can about it. I have my opinion and like to discuss others opinions.

I’ve been involved in the industry for a couple of years now and I find it fascinating and ask questions all the time.
                            The company I work for has a PM contract at a large grow facility and I manage it.....
                            I’ve learned quite a bit

And Yes, I’ll partake once or twice every couple of years or year

Comment

austin alert!

Thanks for taking the time to explain.

EDIT: I’m not rabidly opposed to legalization but I’ve never seen many valid points for it besides “alcohol is much more destructive so we should like MJ legal”.

As I stated earlier I wouldn’t be opposed to it for medicinal purposes if there are enough proven case studies over a long period of time, but again it’s never been on my radar to do a lot of research on it.

Last edited by Mike D; 01-25-2020, 01:59 PM.

Comment

For the record, I appreciate your post too arrowsmack and Jlivi. Im an advocate for legalization also. I wasn’t trying to sound like a jerk, just seems it never changes anyone’s mind here
                                Last edited by Jcjohnson; 01-25-2020, 02:02 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X