austin alert!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Jcjohnson View Post
    Best post so far. Not sure why this thread is still going. No one is gonna convince the other side they are wrong.

We know we aren’t gonna change anyone’s mind immediately. Does that mean it shouldn’t be discussed ?

Aside from a couple moments from me, it’s been pretty cordial.

Comment

Originally posted by flywise View Post
      So your saying that the majority of people who want to legally use MJ are terminally ill, or suffer from an affliction?

Get real
      I'd venture to guess 99% of the people want to legalize weed want it to get high.
      If Tx passed unlimited medical MJ use suddenly half of Tx would have some sort of issue.
      I've already said i could care less,what the law is or ends up being in the future. The leaps some of you folks take to make your point is whats funny.
      You tell me- did I say that?? Come on man. I’ve been around long enough to know you’re better than that. Do you genuinely think that I’m sitting here telling you, that no one wants decriminalization, and and or legalization because They just want to get high. Come on man, of course there are people out there like that. Just like there are people out there that will abuse any recreational substance, including alcohol. At some point the federal government needs to butt out of our lives in every single aspect not outlined by the enumerated powers. Why?? BECAUSE THATS HOW THE FRAMERS INTENDED. CONSTITUTIONALIST TO MY CORE, FW.
      What “leaps” have I taken? Ive said nothing that can’t be corroborated by many first hand experiences. Ive Laid out my opinion based on personal experiences with those suffering with many different afflictions. , AND MY OVERALL OPINION ON THE 10th amendment.
      Which if implemented as intended all these federal regulation debates wouldn’t happen. You could just move to a state more aligned with your values.

Please don’t think your gonna debate me without me asking to defend your position/statements.

If you don’t care to answer, that’s fine, and your prerogative, but I’m still curious as to your age. If it makes you feel any better, I’ll go first, I’m in my 30s

Surely you and I can agree on the bolded.
      Last edited by JLivi1224; 01-25-2020, 08:03 AM.

Comment

Then neither of you have ever seen someone SUFFERING terminally at the hands of cancer, and what MJ can do for pain. And anxiety, and depression, and a multitude of other illnesses both physical and mental.

Maybe i misunderstood but this seems to imply that the sole reason for the legalization would be for these issues.......and to you maybe that correct but for the majority of folks on here and in society in general the getting high is their motivation. People have been smoking weed forever and in my 50 years medical use has only been a mainstream argument for about 15 years.

Comment

No, there are other reasons, but the above are reasons enough imo.

It’s all about personal accountability, which is lost in today’s world.

Should the overreaching federal government be protecting us from ourselves ??

Comment

Originally posted by JLivi1224 View Post
            No, there are other reasons, but the above are reasons enough imo.

It’s all about personal accountability, which is lost in today’s world.

Should the overreaching federal government be protecting us from ourselves ??

Absolutely not.

Like i said, i dont care wither way. I dont even doubt that it probably helps some people, just like a little bourbon at the end of the day does for me.

Comment

[QUOTE=flywise;14663734]Then neither of you have ever seen someone SUFFERING terminally at the hands of cancer, and what MJ can do for pain. And anxiety, and depression, and a multitude of other illnesses both physical and mental.

Maybe i misunderstood but this seems to imply that the sole reason for the legalization would be for these issues.......and to you maybe that correct but for the majority of folks on here and in society in general the getting high is their motivation. People have been smoking weed forever and in my 50 years medical use has only been a mainstream argument for about 15 years.[/QUOTE]

and how long have we been studying ( and more importantly, how long have we understood the far reaching effects of...) mental health again...? Just curious? The answer is a very short amount of time, by comparison to physical ailments.
              So by your logic the people that have ”been smoking weed forever“, could not have been doing so because it helped them feel mentally and emotionally better, prior to their affliction having a name?

It wasn’t helping those people because their affliction wasn’t discovered yet, and they were doing so solely to get high. Got it!

Comment

I think the main point here is being lost or forgotten.

People have been smoking weed for years. Same as they drink alcohol, coffee. Smoke cigarettes. It should not be a crime to have a bag of weed. The prisons are beyond full and it costs tons of money to house and feed them. It's just dumb to keep putting folks in there for possession of a substance that has not only been proven to be harmless but also has at least some medicinal value.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Comment

[/B]
                  Absolutely not.

Like i said, i dont care wither way. I dont even doubt that it probably helps some people, just like a little bourbon at the end of the day does for me.
                  Agreed. I’m sure it does the same for some as your bourbon does for you.
                  With that concession, is it still the big bad wolf.....?

This has been fun.

Comment

Agreed. I’m sure it does the same for some as your bourbon does for you.
                    With that concession, is it still the big bad wolf.....?

This has been fun.
                    I never said it was the big bad wolf.
                    Would you concede that it has been responsible, like alcohol, for ruining some people?

Comment

I never said it was the big bad wolf.
                      Would you concede that it has been responsible, like alcohol, for ruining some people?
                      Without a doubt. Anything in excess is bad.

Comment

This is old news. They didn't change the law, just allowing them to cite and release as many other bug cities already do. They still face criminal charges and must stand before a judge. The only people getting screwed are the bail bondsmen.

Comment

Without a doubt. Anything in excess is bad.
                          WhooHoo

Comment

That's me with Dr. Davidson on graduation day.
                            Last edited by arrowsmack324; 01-25-2020, 08:52 AM.

Comment

Millions of Texans that live within an hour from the borders of CO,NM and OK have access to safe cannabis medications by just driving across the border. Millions do every year. Much like gambling revenue. Leaves the state of TX. I think you can even get a medical card in NM that allows for up to eight ounces of medical cannabis every 90 days.

Law enforcement agencies throughout TX help maintain a viable black market drug industry.

Comment

WhooHoo
                                We would get here eventually, right?

Comment

Working...
                                X