No announcement yet.

Sea Tow or Tow boat USA?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sign and glide coverage from Progressive, used them once,,, awesome service, he was up front with me,,, said he was towing another boat once done he was going to call me and head my direction... did ask if we had kids or females on boat, and if we needed any medical help...

Comment

We've had Tow Boats for the last 5 years in Port A and have used it once. If you run/drift shallower areas, it is well worth the price of admission for peace of mind alone. They have a boat right in the marina and easily cover the places we fish.

Saying that, I would go with the best response and coverage available for your area.

Hogboy

Comment

They're definitely worth their membership prices. If you need them and don't have a membership, the prices are ungodly. Coast Guard can't touch you in areas that there is commercial salvage unless you're actually in distress. So keep that in mind.

Comment

Originally posted by justletmein View Post
          I was gonna get a Sea Tow but ended up with Progressive Sign & Glide coverage. They don't use any single service they leverage anyone in the area. Used it one night out flounder gigging about 2am, called them up and they said standby we'll call back. I got a call back about 10 minutes later they'd woken up someone to come get me. Then they called every 15 minutes until I was out of there. No payment up front, dude just walked up to my boat with a clipboard, I signed, he towed and that was the end of it. Sign & Glide was seriously cheap to add to the boat coverage too, iirc it was like $5/mo on the policy.
          This right her ^^^^^
          Had to use mine once when I lost a gear in the lower unit. Wasn't to far out, just had to be towed from the J Hook in POC back to the Fishing Center.
          Good news was, the guy that towed me in had a C-25 Mowdy. The tow was free but my new C-25 Mowdy cost a few bucks
          Just had to have one, & love it.

Comment

Coast Guard came and got me in Freeport when my motor wouldn't start. They just latched a rope and towed me all the way back to my boat launch. Nice Fella's.

Comment

Working...
            X