No announcement yet.

Company logo on personal truck?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I don’t even logo my own company on my vehicle. Much less somebody else’s.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Will in all likelihood negate personal insurance coverage. Decline.

Insurance carrier would probably look at it just like you were an Uber = no personal auto coverage.

Comment

Company logo on personal truck?

I'll tell you this. We have over 120 vehicles in our fleet and i can't tell you (I can)how many frivolous suites we deal with per year, or how many tens-hundreds of thousands of costs it costs to have that logo on a vehicle .....regardless of who is at fault. In I'm talking some INSANE/INFURIATING suites.

Heck no. I wouldn't put a logo on my Truck. Even if I owned the company

I do however drive a company vehicle. But I'm very very very careful.

Zero chance!

They ARE TARGETS.

Did i mention (capital) hell no?!!!?!?!?
        Last edited by Chuy; 01-22-2020, 11:28 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by texas stalker View Post
          i don’t even logo my own company on my vehicle. Much less somebody else’s.

Sent from my iphone using tapatalk pro

smart!

Comment

I would never ask that from my employees! I would be looking for another job!

Comment

No from me, its the same thing when I buy a vehicle from a dealership. I make them take all their logos off before I drive off the lot. They are not paying me for advertisement and therefor it must go.

Comment

Negative GhostRider

Comment

I don't even leave a dealership's sticker or license plate frame on my vehicles. No free advertisements. Definitely no company logo.

Comment

Nope. I logo our company-owned trucks as I’m a branding whore.[emoji23]. I have many employees with truck allowance and do not expect or allow them to logo their personal trucks. I wouldn’t logo my personal truck.

For you business owners thinking that you have no liability if you don’t own or logo the truck, you would be wrong. You could be held liable if your employee has an accident during the course of operations as directed by you, no matter what he’s driving. If some of you actually think not logoing a truck lessens liability, nope. Exposure maybe but not liability.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by curtintex View Post
                      Nope. I logo our company-owned trucks as I’m a branding whore.[emoji23]. I have many employees with truck allowance and do not expect or allow them to logo their personal trucks. I wouldn’t logo my personal truck.

For you business owners thinking that you have no liability if you don’t own or logo the truck, you would be wrong. You could be held liable if your employee has an accident during the course of operations as directed by you, no matter what he’s driving. If some of you actually think not logoing a truck lessens liability, nope. Exposure maybe but not liability.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                      Good info. Thanks Curt

Comment

I own my own business and dont even have my logo on my truck. Lol
                        Truck advertisements seem to leave more negative impressions than positive ones.

Comment

This was an eye opening thread. For the past year I have had company logos on my personal truck. I am a 1099 contractor and receive no mileage no vehicle allowance nada! I never really considered it free advertising as I benefited from it, but I never even considered the exposure in the event of an accident. That could completely obliterate me financially if my insurance company refused to pay.

Comment

Originally posted by Playa View Post
                            This was an eye opening thread. For the past year I have had company logos on my personal truck. I am a 1099 contractor and receive no mileage no vehicle allowance nada! I never really considered it free advertising as I benefited from it, but I never even considered the exposure in the event of an accident. That could completely obliterate me financially if my insurance company refused to pay.
                            So having a company logo on your personal vehicle makes it a commercial vehicle......even if you're not being compensated for the use of the vehicle?

Comment

Originally posted by Traildust View Post
                              So having a company logo on your personal vehicle makes it a commercial vehicle......even if you're not being compensated for the use of the vehicle?
                              Based on the responses here, that’s my conclusion, that most consumer auto policies have an exclusion in them and that separate policies or riders are required.

I’m going to call my Germania agent to confirm. Would be nice if one of the independent agents on here would chime in

Comment

Tell them your insurance company won't allow it. Definitely don't do it!
                                Btw...I am an independent insurance agent and insure a lot of contractors...none of them ask this of their employees.

Comment

Working...
                                X