No announcement yet.

Home inspector

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You should hire a phase inspector. They will do pre pour inspection on slab, pre brick inspection, pre drywall inspection and a final inspection once home is complete.

Comment

No I’m in the Dallas, rockwall, garland area. I inspect from FT. Worth to lake fork though.

Comment

Originally posted by jrfan View Post
        You should hire a phase inspector. They will do pre pour inspection on slab, pre brick inspection, pre drywall inspection and a final inspection once home is complete.

Ok- how much would that cost on average for a Phase inspector?

And is it a good idea to let the builder know I will be hiring an inspector?

Comment

I don’t do them myself but I think between 600.00 to 800.00 depending on the house size and home options.

Comment

Originally posted by jrfan View Post
            I don’t do them myself but I think between 600.00 to 800.00 depending on the house size and home options.

Ok- I think its a good investment to make sure all is built the way it should be

Comment

Yes it is. You would be surprised what all I find on new build homes. I usually go in right after the blue tape walk through.

Comment

I set up a couple of cellular trail cams to watch my build remotely and caught several things. I can only imagine what a phase inspector could catch.

Comment

Inspected an 800k dollar home a couple weeks ago and all 3 showers were sloped to the side wall with the drain in the center. Had 1” of water along the shower wall when I left 3 hours later.

Comment

Working...
                  X