No announcement yet.

Hilltop Lakes Hunting

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I though about getting a lot but the deal killer was the monthly sportsman fees just to shoot doe. Might reconsider just for the fishing.

Comment

I knew a guy with a lot down there. He killed a couple does and few pigs every year. They also had "common areas??" that you could hunt. I could never understand the tag allotment. I think in the wild fawns are born pretty much at 1:1 regarding bucks/does. They kill a crap ton of does down there and I know going back 10-11 years they don't give out hardly any buck tags at all. Not sure how they figure that out.

Comment

I have lot in HTL but haven't been there in 8 years or so. I was one of the original members of the wild life management club and had some great times up there. The club was originally put in place to reduce the deer numbers because the State was considering other options for controlling the population. They are MLD 3 and there were always a ton of doe tags but only 3 or 4 buck tags each year. It was a $50/year fee to join the club and there were work days you could attend each year. If you attended the work days you would get your name in the hat to get drawn for a buck tag. You could hunt on your lot or in the common areas. It is bow only and I had plenty chances to fill the freezer. This was the deal years ago and it might be different now. I payed $900 for my lot and I pay $35/month in CIA fees as well as $6/year for taxes. My lot is for sale if anyone is interested.

Comment

Originally posted by Thumper View Post
          I though about getting a lot but the deal killer was the monthly sportsman fees just to shoot doe. Might reconsider just for the fishing.
          The so called wildlife management association had the bright idea to kill all the grass in the lakes and the fishing sucks now compared to the old days. My brother has a house on the 2nd tee for the last 20 years. He fought with them on their management philosophy and finally just gave up. He hardly ever goes up there anymore and we don't catch the quality of fish as we use to.

Comment

Originally posted by ontarget View Post
            I have a lot out there, just bought last year and never got the chance to hunt it (had another place I hunt also). I did see deer in the area on every visit.
            Just curious. What was the reason that you bought the lot? Hunting? Golf? Fishing? Investment? That is a pretty good drive from Spring so I am just wondering what the draw of Hilltop Lakes is?

Comment

Originally posted by coogfan View Post
              I have lot in HTL but haven't been there in 8 years or so. I was one of the original members of the wild life management club and had some great times up there. The club was originally put in place to reduce the deer numbers because the State was considering other options for controlling the population. They are MLD 3 and there were always a ton of doe tags but only 3 or 4 buck tags each year. It was a $50/year fee to join the club and there were work days you could attend each year. If you attended the work days you would get your name in the hat to get drawn for a buck tag. You could hunt on your lot or in the common areas. It is bow only and I had plenty chances to fill the freezer. This was the deal years ago and it might be different now. I payed $900 for my lot and I pay $35/month in CIA fees as well as $6/year for taxes. My lot is for sale if anyone is interested.
              I may be. Details on price?

Comment

I came real close a few years ago buying 4 adjacent lots off of a TBH member. It was in the front section where they are 1+ acre lots. (called the "Ranch" ?)
                Beautiful property, big Oaks, etc. Deer and hog signs everywhere (they had 2 feeders out) and it backed up to a large ranch.
                Had money ready to go until I asked for a copy of the Deed restrictions. Ridiculous ones and then having to pay them a "maintenance" fee on top of that for services that I would never use.

Comment

Originally posted by Capp35 View Post
                  I came real close a few years ago buying 4 adjacent lots off of a TBH member. It was in the front section where they are 1+ acre lots. (called the "Ranch" ?)
                  Beautiful property, big Oaks, etc. Deer and hog signs everywhere (they had 2 feeders out) and it backed up to a large ranch.
                  Had money ready to go until I asked for a copy of the Deed restrictions. Ridiculous ones and then having to pay them a "maintenance" fee on top of that for services that I would never use.
                  The deed restrictions were the nail in the coffin for me. It became too long of a drive, and I couldn't ever talk myself into staying to long if my son didnt come with me, etc.

Comment

They frowned to even camp on it. I wanted to put a travel trailer out of site in the back of the property and was told if they find it, they would fine me.
                    Also if you joined the wildlife club/committee (only way you can hunt) they had the right to go on your property and inspect anytime.
                    You just give up to much freedom to me, for just raw land. Probably why there was only one house on the 2 mile loop.

Comment

We had 2 lots out there years ago then they started with the goofy rules that if you owned the lot you where the one that had to own the boat to fish. My Dad owned the lot so I couldn’t bring my boat or fish the lakes without him being there. The fishing was awesome until some nut job talked them into killing the grass so my parents sold the lots and haven’t been back since. Those people in there have ruined a great place.

Comment

Originally posted by Grant2 View Post
                        We had 2 lots out there years ago then they started with the goofy rules that if you owned the lot you where the one that had to own the boat to fish. My Dad owned the lot so I couldn’t bring my boat or fish the lakes without him being there. The fishing was awesome until some nut job talked them into killing the grass so my parents sold the lots and haven’t been back since. Those people in there have ruined a great place.
                        The nut job that patrolled the lakes come sliding up next to my boat in his perow and yelled out "prepare to be boarded for inspection". I yelled back "prepare to get thrown over board if you step foot on my boat". That jerk always gave us a hard time because he was jealous of the fish we always caught.

Comment

Working...
                        X