How much brush

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Take Dead Aim View Post
    Why is that? A dozer is great in some instances. Only issue I have is the footprint of disturbance you are left with. Skid steer with tree shear or even a bucket can do some work fast in South Texas.
    Well for one stumps. Not sure what you mean by disturbance? You can grade the area out once your done pushing brush with a dozer. A d4 is small dozer. It's not like he's coming in there with a D9.
    Last edited by Arrowthreat; 01-28-2020, 03:57 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Arrowthreat View Post
      We learned the hard way. Spent a lot of money to learn how much better a track loader/dozer is. Our guy used one of the largest mulching machines available (Barko 930). My buddy that finished out the clearing for us has done three times the work in the same amount of time with a mid sized track loader.

I work for a large scale excavation company. We have over 100 pieces of equipment, and none are mulchers.
      Same here. Spent a chunck of change on our place gettingnit mulched only to be left with huge stumps right on the surface. Spent some time dealing with those.

Comment

Originally posted by bloodtrailer28 View Post
        Same here. Spent a chunck of change on our place gettingnit mulched only to be left with huge stumps right on the surface. Spent some time dealing with those.
        Where y’all mulching cedar in rocky terrain?
        That sand country should be able to be mulched below the surface
        I would rent a skid loader for the weekend and get busy pushing brush or hire a big shredder, hard to judge from one picture

A 1/2 ton truck should be able to pull a rental
        Attached Files
        Last edited by S-3 Ranch; 01-28-2020, 04:30 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by pilar View Post
          Where y’all mulching cedar in rocky terrain?
          That sand country should be able to be mulched below the surface
          I would rent a skid loader for the weekend and get busy pushing brush or hire a big shredder, hard to judge from one picture

A 1/2 ton truck should be able to pull a rental
          It doesn't matter what terrain, mulchers can't dig into the ground to get any stumps out. Skid steers or the large log skidder Barko styles.

The area we had cleared was clay river bottom. Zero rock.

Comment

We are pretty set on getting the dozer out there, it’s the time frame that’s the concern. With only 4-5 tractor hours in a work day. Might have to go for 2 days.

Comment

Unless you’re hiring someone special from out of town, nobody should be charging you drive time to get to their dozer. 8 hour day is 8 hours of dozer work. Nobody’s charging me 100+/hr to drive to work.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

He’s about 1.5 hours from my lease. Charges $65 a hour including travel and it’s only a 8 hour day that includes driving.

Comment

Working...
                X