This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Pin Oak DXT View Post
    It would be great if we all had a senior QB like Big **** Joe. But we don't and you all don't either now. Appears to be a lot of question marks at the QB position in the SEC for this upcoming season. Should be fun to watch it unfold.

This isn’t about joe.... you’re right we’ll have a inexperienced qb, but the whole point I’m asking is who’s fault is it for his lack of growth. Are Ags memory that short i can go back to almost every week last year where multiple Ags were saying he sucked... now it’s the OL?!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I think the majority say he sucks. I saw parts of some games where he looked solid. The two big games I actually watched most of he was a deer In the headlights.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk
      Last edited by Burntorange Bowhunter; 02-07-2020, 09:02 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by drop dead fred View Post
        This isn’t about joe.... you’re right we’ll have a inexperienced qb, but the whole point I’m asking is who’s fault is it for his lack of growth. Are Ags memory that short i can go back to almost every week last year where multiple Ags were saying he sucked... now it’s the OL?!

For the record, I have never said Mond sucks. I have always blamed the O-Line. But I would think it is the coaching schemes for him as well. He seems to play better when he is mobile.

Comment

It would be great if we all had a senior QB like Big **** Joe. But we don't and you all don't either now. Appears to be a lot of question marks at the QB position in the SEC for this upcoming season. Should be fun to watch it unfold.
          Mond should be the man in the SEC this year. I was actually taking up for the kid. He catches a lot of grief that a 21 year old shouldnt have to catch.
          To lead A&M to winning records with the poor OL play, I actually thought he done well.

I will repeat it again, with the things he has to endure, Im sure it gets in his head. Very few can handle that pressure.

Comment

Originally posted by drop dead fred View Post

Some blamed him and some blamed the o-line. Nothing has changed. They both need to improve over the offseason. The coaches should of called more qb runs. Against Clemson, Mond was gimped up so maybe that had something to do with not running him as much? LSU has 1.5 years of good qb play?

Comment

Originally posted by bowhuntertex View Post
              For the record, I have never said Mond sucks. I have always blamed the O-Line. But I would think it is the coaching schemes for him as well. He seems to play better when he is mobile.

I agree the one game i saw him actually use his legs they seemed to move the ball much better

Comment

What about Calzada? Last year after the spring game, he was supposed to be the real deal?

Comment

Mond would probably be pretty good in a modern spread offense.

Comment

Originally posted by El General View Post
                    Mond would probably be pretty good in a modern spread offense.

This is what I think. Mond seems to be at his best in uptempo for what I have seen. He doesn’t have time to think, just play and his legs become a big advantage for him. I do think some of Mond’s struggles are between his ears and uptempo helps solve that.

With that being said, will Jimbo change his antiquated ways to help Mond and keep up in the SEC West? With the coaching changes to the SEC West, A&M is going to have to score a lot of points to win games.

Comment

2020 College Football - Off Season Discussion

Originally posted by Smart View Post
                      What about Calzada? Last year after the spring game, he was supposed to be the real deal?

He may be that guy, but I doubt he gets a shot this year. Jimbo loves Mond. Look he’s a great kid and a role model on campus. He just needs to start producing.

Last edited by Pin Oak DXT; 02-07-2020, 10:05 AM.

Comment

He may be that guy, but I doubt he gets a shot this year. Jimbo loves Mond. Look he’s a great kid and a role model on campus. He just needs to start producing.

If Jimbo thinks Calzada is better than Mond, he will get the snaps. I doubt at this point that Calzada would be an upgrade. Arm strength aside, there isn't any reason to think he would be more effective in that offense than Mond at this point. He needs the practice reps to get ready before the QB battle in 2021.

Comment

Bill Connelly's returning production for 2020.

Not all returning starters are the same. Here's a formula that breaks down which teams really have the most coming back in 2020.

Returning production for teams on Texas schedule

9) Oklahoma State

36) South Florida

52) Iowa State

64) TCU

66) West Virginia

76) Kansas State

81) Texas Tech

82) Oklahoma

107) Baylor (this is assuming Brewer can play)

125) Kansas

126) LSU

129) UTEP
                          Last edited by El General; 02-07-2020, 11:19 AM.

Comment

returning production on A&M's Schedule

(32) South Carolina
                            (35) Ole Miss
                            (58) Arkansas
                            (71) Vanderbilt
                            (78) Auburn
                            (93) Fresno State
                            (109) Miss State
                            (114) Colorado
                            (120) North Texas
                            (126) LSU
                            (127) Alabama

Abilene Christian is FCS, so not included above.

The Aggies are certainly catching Auburn, LSU, and Alabama about as good as they can, though both LSU and Bama are at the end of the season so that will negate much of that benefit. SC, Ole Miss, and Arkansas will probably be more sporty than they have been in year's past. At Starkville and at SC will probably determine A&M's success for next year.

Comment

Originally posted by El General View Post
                              Bill Connelly's returning production for 2020.

Not all returning starters are the same. Here's a formula that breaks down which teams really have the most coming back in 2020.

Returning production for teams on Texas schedule

9) Oklahoma State

36) South Florida

52) Iowa State

64) TCU

66) West Virginia

76) Kansas State

81) Texas Tech

82) Oklahoma

107) Baylor (this is assuming Brewer can play)

125) Kansas

126) LSU

129) UTEP
                              Well, BAMA didn’t even make El General’s list. We’ve got no shot! In spite of this I am optimistic. All recruits coming in will be freshman experience wise and have to among other things win their spot, accept Coaching and on and on. Need to have injury luck and schedule luck. Good luck to everyone on the injury front.

221 days
                              Last edited by 18ncs; 02-07-2020, 11:59 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by 17ncs View Post
                                Well, BAMA didn’t even make El General’s list. We’ve got no shot! In spite of this I am optimistic. All recruits coming in will be freshman experience wise and have to among other things win their spot, accept Coaching and on and on. Need to have injury luck and schedule luck. Good luck to everyone on the injury front.

221 days
                                Bama isn't on the Texas schedule yet, luckily for y'all.

7-1-1

[emoji38]

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                                X