• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Bayouboy View Post
    This trophy is so much better than the one you get for recruiting

LMMFAO!! Well played!!

Comment

Originally posted by Burntorange Bowhunter View Post
      Percentage points and splitting hairs is silly. Production on the field is all that matters in the end.

We'll see what happens going forward.
      Development is going to be the key IMO. Some 3 stars turn into 5 stars and some 5 stars turn into 3 stars.

Comment

Originally posted by Bayouboy View Post
        This trophy is so much better than the one you get for recruiting
        But if you don't get one for recruiting you don't get one for a natty . . Just sayin . .

#fillthepipeline

Comment

Ed O's Check to Jordan Burch's mom may have finally cleared :

Comment

I’m not understanding the point of this?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Heath View Post
              There’s a real thing called committable offers and most people on here didn’t believe it. I love this stat every year.
              Not being sarcastic (for a change), please explain,....

Comment

Originally posted by Chad C View Post
                They have what it takes to win is the only point that matters. No excuses, much like Texas. Neither have done much of late or in some cases, a really long time.
                The Aggies still don't have a good QB with experience.

We have a QB with experience, bt not a a good QB with experience.

I still think this is the Missing link, even with all the other talent Jimbo's team has brought in.

Comment

Originally posted by Aggiehunter08 View Post
                  Development is going to be the key IMO. Some 3 stars turn into 5 stars and some 5 stars turn into 3 stars.
                  Wydemeyer (sp) was only a 3* if I remember correctly, but any team in the country would take him as a TE after year one.

I don't know if he was 'developed' by the coaches, fit well into the scheme, just decided to become an animal one day, was under rated or a combination of all of those,....but he was surely under rated/under estimated.

And I think there are a lot of young men over/under rated and none of the coaches or experts know until a couple years in, and there are so many factors we will never know the entire story.

A highly rated player shows up on campus and gets homesick or falls in love and everything goes in the crapper. A 3* shows up and works his tail of, gets coached and ends up being great.

Comment

Originally posted by flatlander View Post

I still think this is the Missing link, even with all the other talent Jimbo's team has brought in.
                    OL is a bigger problem for the Aggies than QB.

Comment

Well, when you see a school offer 250 kids for 25 spots, obviously all of those offers are not good.

Comment

100% dead on the mark. Mond will not lead this team to a conference championship, let alone the next level. He makes way too many mistakes and can’t make good decisions in the pocket or out. His accuracy is an issue and will continue to an issue. You have to let the touted new comer come in and be baptized by fire, especially with the schedule we have this year. He’ll have more games where he’ll be able to learn and grow and he’ll have a couple where he’ll learn real fast about the SEC.

Comment

A committable offer is one where the player accepts the offer and is taken by the school. Many times a player is offered but the school is not ready to take the pledge of the player because of a number of reasons. For instance they could be waiting to see if they can get better or waiting to see how the numbers work out. The majority of time it is to see if they can do better, they being the school.

Comment

Originally posted by El General View Post
                            OL is a bigger problem for the Aggies than QB.
                            Yup, and let's not act like every QB Saban has used to win a natty has been a world beater! The OL is an issue and it hasn't gotten better.

Comment

For instance, an offer from Alabama is really an offer to come visit the school.

Comment

Home states of the 368 4/5-star prospects (2020 Class):

57 - FL
                                55 - TX
                                34 - GA
                                31 - CA
                                16 - AL
                                16 - MD
                                15 - LA
                                14 - NC
                                11 - TN
                                10 - MI
                                9 - AZ
                                8 - NJ
                                7 - WA
                                6 - OH
                                6 - MS
                                6 - SC
                                6 - VA

I post simply because of the excuse used about Texas being watered down in 2020, it’s fertile ground that gets cherry picked.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Working...
                                X