X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cushenberry not on there?

Comment

Originally posted by Chad C View Post
      Sure hope to find out sooner rather than later.
      I just hope he's out of college by now...

Comment

Originally posted by lovemylegacy View Post
        No faith in Herman?
        You didn't ask me but, I would say "no". I don't have anything invested in him so why would I have faith? I do have lots of "hope", but nothing to lose sleep over.

I have my own thoughts on the University of Texas. I really hope I am wrong but, I think you can track the demise in sports there to the change in culture. The University is unrecognizable from when I attended. The demographic that is there now has no interest in sports; certainly not the ones we all talk about on here.

Comment

Originally posted by Chad C View Post
          Remains to be seen. His leash is much shorter these days.
          Yep, his antics may be his demise, not his coaching ability.

Comment

Originally posted by Rush2Judge View Post
            You didn't ask me but, I would say "no". I don't have anything invested in him so why would I have faith? I do have lots of "hope", but nothing to lose sleep over.

I have my own thoughts on the University of Texas. I really hope I am wrong but, I think you can track the demise in sports there to the change in culture. The University is unrecognizable from when I attended. The demographic that is there now has no interest in sports; certainly not the ones we all talk about on here.
            Never thought of it like that.

Comment

Originally posted by Burntorange Bowhunter View Post
              Texas and OU are comparable programs, no?

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

When they gonna update that list? Lol ya know since the best team ever hasn’t been factored into that list posted

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by oktx View Post
                LOL. You both are saying the same thing. The programs are NOT similar. I’m the one saying they are.
                By the numbers Texas and OU are closer than Texas and LSU.

Comment

What numbers?

Comment

Originally posted by drop dead fred View Post
                    When they gonna update that list? Lol ya know since the best team ever hasn’t been factored into that list posted

Guess you should put Army, Navy, and a few Ivy League teams at the top of that list since you are going back to the stone age. OSU and Bama are great teams on a regular basis. The others.... not so much.

Comment

Originally posted by Rush2Judge View Post

Yep. I know of quite a few longhorn legacy's that didn't let their kids go to Texas for these reasons. One of those legacy's is going to be the starting QB for Texas Tech next season...

Lots of native texan's don't really share values with most of the faculty/culture in Austin these days. They steer their kids elsewhere.

Comment

Y’all wanna know something great less than 30 DAYS ago the best team ever to do it won the national championship!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by drop dead fred View Post
                          Y’all wanna know something great less than 30 DAYS ago the best team ever to do it won the national championship!!!!

Yup. Not sure if this graphic has been posted, I’m sure it has but thought it was pretty cool.

Comment

The thing about "the numbers" is it spans many many years and eras of football. This era of football where scholarships is distributed or limited, which makes it more competitive/fair, ut hasn't done as well. Back in the day when Big Colleges could stack scholarship players 6 deep in every position, of course they will win. You conveniently left that out.
                            It was also easier in a Conf with teams that had much lesser talent. You know as well as I do that ut got the lions share of scholarship players and translated to wins.

Comment

Originally posted by Daddy D View Post
                              Yep. I know of quite a few longhorn legacy's that didn't let their kids go to Texas for these reasons. One of those legacy's is going to be the starting QB for Texas Tech next season...

Lots of native texan's don't really share values with most of the faculty/culture in Austin these days. They steer their kids elsewhere.
                              No joke. Imagine that?

Comment

Originally posted by oktx View Post
                                What numbers?
                                The ones used in the bluebloods list. All major categories.

OU is 5
                                Texas 7
                                LSU is 12

They would move up though with another natty and Heisman from this year.

They are all fairly equal.

Comment

Working...
                                X