No announcement yet.

Last day!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How did everyone else do? I got a doe earlier today.

Comment

Originally posted by BigL View Post
      How did everyone else do? I got a doe earlier today.
      My boy was able to put a great shot on a doe, dropped like a brick. So he was happy about that.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

Comment

Does have two back straps too.

Have one more weekend, next. MLD III, mature or cull bucks only. No does this time of year. ... It's East Texas but I'm going anyway.

Comment

Well, didn’t get a doe or a buck this year at my SOT. They’ve been MIA for most of the season. So, I’m gonna concentrate on hogs and fishing now.

Comment

I was done until the Wife told me to go one last time yesterday afternoon. Reluctantly I said ok and went to her blind about 300 yds behind the house. I had the smoke pole with me and about 5:00 a doe and button buck came out and fed for about 10 minutes. They left and in about another 5 minutes I see 2 small bucks come out of the thicket, both 4 pointers and not at all legal. I another minute a high racked 7 point and a wider 6 came out with the smaller 2. They fed for about 15 minutes and the wider 7 was borderline 13" but I never touched the smoke pole with the thought these bucks are resident deer and I know he will be a great buck next year. I passed on him earlier with my recurve because I could make him at 12 1/2" but not 13". I feel great about my decision as I would rather not shoot than shoot one too small.

Shoot Straight.

Doug

Comment

Working...
            X