No announcement yet.

Law enforcement / traffic question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The light bars and after market flood lamps are even worse.
    Can't understand why these dumb asses need them on driving down a lighted street in town either.

Gary

Comment

I see a several variables. First, state inspections are just a shake down. I've never walked out of an inspection and thought well my truck must be safe now. Second, I think police have better things to do besides pull people over for way too bright lights. Third, I think a lot of guys just buy whatever lights are the cheapest, which means zero engineering has gone into them, and they don't fit the headlight housing properly. For guys with the stock LEDs, most of them don't realize that the factory doesn't usually aim your lights, they just bolt them in. Which means once the truck is put together they usually needs some tweaking. As as soon as the truck squats in the rear, that throws the beam up into the air. Fourth, for guys with lifted trucks, they never re aim their headlights. That goes for leveling kits too. I have read guys say "they are set to factory specs". There isn't a "factory spec" for a headlight. And on top of that, why would you want to blind traffic oncoming anyways? Wouldn't that increase the chance of an accident?

Side note, my friends Tundra had a switch inside the cab to change your beam angle. Smartest invention I have seen on a truck in a while.

Comment

Maybe they will get on the headlight issue right after they solve the driving while staring at your phone debacle.....

For the love of God, if you are first in line at the red light.....put the phone down and watch the dang light......I'm surprised more vehicles aren't shoved through green lighted intersections by people that have been pushed over the edge by this.

The movie "falling down" comes to mind....

Back to the bright lights, I saw some at the DMV a while back that left a lasting impression. 38* outside and no restraint system to keep them in check.
        I know it's rude to stare, but durn it I think that was the agenda.

Comment

Originally posted by Mike View Post
          I think there should be some form of regulation on it, regarding the lumens/brightness as well as those $#%# light bars. I can't tell you how many I see running down the road on during the daytime.
          Back in the 80's when KC headlights were the new big thing, Wisconsin passed a law requiring covers on those lights while driving on the road. My dad got hit with a ticket for no covers, and it was something like $100, obviously a lot back then. It would make LEO's job so much easier if they just mandated a cover for the light while on roads.

But we don't need more laws, and I don't think giving the police ANOTHER thing to look for is necessary. So not sure if I would be for it or against it lol.

Comment

Sounds like the solution to this problem would be in some kind of windshield tinting / filter technology?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

The driver is texting anyways, and not paying attention to you flashing him.. and your texting too, so half the time you don't notice his brights on anyways

Comment

All this talking about headlights and flashing has me thinking about the TBH bicycle girl.

Comment

Originally posted by Rick View Post
                  a lot of aftermarket lights are really bright and I bet 90% of people that install lift kits make no headlight adjustment
                  My wife went back in to get hers adjusted after getting the Jeep lifted and new LED headlights put in...the guy looked at her like she was insane and asked "why would you want them lowered? You aren't the one dealing with them"

Comment

Originally posted by jlp04c View Post
                    The driver is texting anyways, and not paying attention to you flashing him.. and your texting too, so half the time you don't notice his brights on anyways
                    A lot more common then yea think it would be !

Comment

So who knows the rules as to what height they are supposed to be at ? I think that has a lot to do with it. Adjusting most ain’t the issue but how to set them is. I know I shined them on the garage door and adjusted, but still not sure “ how high “ they are supposed to be.

Comment

I found this.

Sec. 547.333. MULTIPLE-BEAM LIGHTING EQUIPMENT REQUIRED. (a) Unless provided otherwise, a headlamp, auxiliary driving lamp, auxiliary passing lamp, or combination of those lamps mounted on a motor vehicle, other than a motorcycle or motor-driven cycle: ... (c) A person who operates a vehicle on a

Comment

Originally posted by critter69 View Post
                          So who knows the rules as to what height they are supposed to be at ? I think that has a lot to do with it. Adjusting most ain’t the issue but how to set them is. I know I shined them on the garage door and adjusted, but still not sure “ how high “ they are supposed to be.
                          Stop on to an empty road and aim them. If you can't see the top of your low beams on the road, they are aimed too high.

If you absolutely can't find an empty road, park your truck on level ground in front of a wall or the garage, then measure the height to the bulb in the headlamp assembly, then measure the top of the low beam on the wall in front of your truck. If the top of the low beam is higher than the bulb, you are blinding other drivers.

Youtube has dozens of videos how to do this on just about every vehicle out there.

Comment

I bought a new car in 2015 that has the brightest lights ever. On dim I can see quite well. Got pulled over twice when it was new. The lights are adjusted correctly but brighter than heck. I explained that I have taken back to Hyundai and I was told they are bottomed out. No additional adjustment. Never got cited but they are brighter than they should be.

Comment

I have a 2016 Ram 1500 and get flashed all the time. I dont have a lift and have the stock head lights. They are not LED and I dont feel that they are that bright or high. I think some are just to sensitive to it.

Comment

The main offenders seem to be trucks that don’t adjust headlights after they put their lift/tires/leveling kit on their bro dozers.

I rarely have any issues with cars.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Working...
                                X