No announcement yet.

Would you shoot a mountain lion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I’m certain I responded to this already.

Just want the record to reflect that I would shoot, at, amongst, around, and anywhere I could manage to send bullets or an arrow at a mountain lion with zero hesitation.

Comment

We have lots of them on the lease in Ozona. It freaks me out every time I’m walking to a hunt. Land owner says shoot on sight as they eat his goats. I’d shoot one but I really don’t want to get mauled by one.

Comment

Originally posted by Gumbo Man View Post
        So we have mountain lions in Trinity?
        Sorry
        Huntsville by the trinity river

Comment

If I had a gun, I probably would. If I missed or didn’t kill with the first shot, I would have a reasonable chance of shooting it again.

With a bow, probably not. Those mountain lions are quick and have bad attitudes towards people that poke them with sticks. I’ve missed too many turkeys and deer to be 100% confident that could double lung one. I can only imagine what thing would do to me with an arrow stuck in his hind leg.

Comment

Originally posted by eastover53 View Post
            If I had a gun, I probably would. If I missed or didn’t kill with the first shot, I would have a reasonable chance of shooting it again.

With a bow, probably not. Those mountain lions are quick and have bad attitudes towards people that poke them with sticks. I’ve missed too many turkeys and deer to be 100% confident that could double lung one. I can only imagine what thing would do to me with an arrow stuck in his hind leg.
            Chances are it'd run off with an arrow in it. They run from dogs they could easily kill. They're more scared of people than they are of them most of the time. Cats ain't much different whether it's a house cat or a mountain lion. If they're scared they're running for thick cover to hide in or a tree to climb in.

Comment

Working...
            X