2020 Gardening thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by El General View Post
    My peppers don’t look like that, but I also bought a Serrano that isn’t a Serrano.
    Dang! The pepper people must have been hung over when they labeled the plants. I was hoping to get some medium heat serrano peppers.

Comment

Originally posted by Pedernal View Post
      That's the same conclusion I came to. What can you tell me on taste of said peppers?

I read these peppers are supposed to be on the mild side and have a sweet taste to them. Haven't tried one yet. What do you do with them??
      Typically sweet but I'll get a HOT one now and then from the same bush. It's kinda weird. Typically anything you would do with any peppers. Salads, snacks, salsa filler. I substitute for bells in recipes. My plants would produce a LOT of peppers.
      Last edited by eradicator; 06-03-2020, 06:49 AM.

Comment

Are there any Veggies that can be start with seeds that will have time to produce? I built my garden late and was trying to get anything I can to grow, my grandson has been the driving force on the garden.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Pedernal View Post
          Pepper ID please!! Bought two plants that were labeled as serrano... these are not Serranos....
          To me they just look like misshapen serranos. Could be wrong though!

Comment

Originally posted by Grittydog View Post
            Are there any Veggies that can be start with seeds that will have time to produce? I built my garden late and was trying to get anything I can to grow, my grandson has been the driving force on the garden.

There are a few things that should be started in summer for fall harvest. I used to start my pumpkins in early July. I’m sure there are plenty others.

Comment

Just curious why you don't go to home depot / lowes and pick up some Bonnies instead of seed at this point?

Comment

You can probably start fall tomatoes inside now.

Comment

Okra would be a good plant to start from seeds for the little ones right now... It will grow fast, makes pretty flowers, and will bare okra until frost as long as you keep cutting it when the pods get 3-4 inches long... Frankly, hard to kill okra, and not many bugs mess with it either... Only downside is, most kids don't know that they like it and some won't even try it!! (My grandsons are prime examples! )

Comment

^^^^ nailed it with the Okra.

Comment

Need suggestion on tomato variety, we are not happy with the ones we planted this year.

Comment

Originally posted by bboswell View Post
                        Need suggestion on tomato variety, we are not happy with the ones we planted this year.
                        I have had the best luck with Celebrity and Cherokee Purple.

Comment

This is a pretty cool site ive been researching for next year seems to have some good info on variety and other things. i think it was posted earlier in the thread.

https://aggie-horticulture.tamu.edu/vegetable/

Comment

Romas grow like crazy for us

Comment

Been saving up my harvested chili pequin peppers. Put about 500 of them in the oven at 200 last night and dried em out. Ground them up to use as a seasoning and whoa nelly! They punch above their weight for sure.

Comment

Having a problem with something eating my corn and tomatoes. Any idea what it is? Rat, squirrel???

Sent from my SM-G986U1 using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                                X