2020 Gardening thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Man View Post
    Might try this with my wifes toothbrush..thanks.

My way is a lot cheaper and less dangerous!

Comment

Tomatoes are coming on the onions, basil and carrots are coming along nicely.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Comment

Got a few baby Thai peppers starting , and my red savina and ghost are beginning to bloom. Habanero is still going crazy. 75 peppers from it so far and probably another 60 on the plant

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Comment

Question, what do y’all use for storing your vegetables after canning them other than old boxes or just on the shelves.? My old boxes I have been using are getting very worn. Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by tps7742 View Post
            Question, what do y’all use for storing your vegetables after canning them other than old boxes or just on the shelves.? My old boxes I have been using are getting very worn. Thanks
            Look up jarbox on Amazon. Expensive but good. I have some and a bunch loose on shelf. Put up 150 pints. 40 quarts and 8 half gallons of stuff so far this year

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Comment

What is this bug? Found on squash plant.

Click image for larger version

Name:	28593D08-B134-477E-A044-D4E2DBF4B63A.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	38.5 KB
ID:	24620497

Comment

June Bug.

Comment

Originally posted by Joe H View Post
                  Look up jarbox on Amazon. Expensive but good. I have some and a bunch loose on shelf. Put up 150 pints. 40 quarts and 8 half gallons of stuff so far this year

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk
                  t
                  Thanks. You have been busy.

Comment

Originally posted by scotty View Post
                    Well, it’s that time again.
                    I have broccoli, Brussels sprouts, onions and garlic growing that I planted in the fall.
                    I plan on getting the tomatoes started at the end of the month. ( I hope the weather cooperates better this year)
                    Asparagus will be ready to harvest at will this year (third year of growth).

Great job!!
                    Wish you good luck with your garden
                    Last edited by JamesChrist; 06-06-2020, 01:52 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by tps7742 View Post
                      Boxes and shelves.

Comment

Originally posted by El General View Post
                        June Bug.
                        Should I use Sevin and get rid of them?

Comment

weirdest year ever for me. My pole beans were huge and zero blooms or beans. I waited a month and after recent intentional flooding, they went to town.Lots of beans (Kentucky Wonder). Early Girls 1 plant has maybe 100 fruits and going nuts. It is my go to but never had one go berserk. Good thing! trying Juliet tomatoes. Looking Great. Pretty. My easy to grow Gypsy and Jalapeno peppers and Darn SQUASH both so easy have all given pure heck and never in years of gardening have had that issue with these 3 items Biggest issue in past was finding a neighbor to take some more off my hands. HEB wins this one. I give up. Tried planting a few more late seeds direct and the squirrels dig em up. Can not win for losing. Even the pear tree got Rust. First time. Still have 300 plus pears looking good on the one tree. Oh well, Beans, Tomatoes, Pears. Why complain. Thanks Lord! odd year all the way around. Best to ya TBH.

Comment

Originally posted by 17ncs View Post
                            Should I use Sevin and get rid of them?
                            I wondered if we can just catch em and fry em up. They die on their own pretty quick. The big good fish bait white worm in your dirt is the baby and enemy. But little damage unless way out of control. I ignore or fish with them. And June? I have one on my shirt right now in June in my garage but that happens way back in April. So Spring bugs are a better name. Never saw one eating my vegis? The larvae can harm.

Comment

Canned 14 quarts of pickles, 20 -1/2 pints of venison, and made 10 pints of salsa verde today. After tilling they garden and canning, my *** is worn out!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by rocky View Post
                                Canned 14 quarts of pickles, 20 -1/2 pints of venison, and made 10 pints of salsa verde today. After tilling they garden and canning, my *** is worn out!!!!
                                Dang it man!! THAT’s a day’s work for a young man!! You makin’ us GOF proud!!

Comment

Working...
                                X