• Show
Clear All

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by El General View Post
      You could prune.
      May do that this weekend

Comment

Picked 3 early girls today. First harvest. Thanks for tips on my jungle of Kentucky Wonders. Still doing nothing but making a pole jungle of leaves but appears my nitrogen is so high my vines are on a Nitro buzz? Leaching the soil with excess watering. If it works will report back. Awesome pics and input. So many gardens looking so good. The day we think we have something to offer is perhaps the day we need to stop and listen. God Bless

Comment

My cucumber plants are growing like mad, blooming for the second time, and haven't produced a single cucumber. No tomatoes yet either but they just now bloomed.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Comment

Our first yellow squash are rotting on the end. I have read where it says they are low on calcium. Does anyone have any suggestions?

Comment

Originally posted by tps7742 View Post
              Our first yellow squash are rotting on the end. I have read where it says they are low on calcium. Does anyone have any suggestions?
              Most of the time that is due to bad pollination, not a calcium deficiency. Not saying it can't be but not every female pod will get pollinated, then the flower withers up and dies. Along the way it will mold put the end of the squash.
              To up your chances, you can try hand pollinating squash and zucchini plants.
              Here's a video I did last week on hand pollination. https://youtu.be/rahu239H6sE

Comment

Originally posted by IkemanTX View Post

What cherry tomato is that?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

I've got some tomatos and bell peppers growing by my construction trailer at work. Am i to understand that it is okay to prune the leaves off the tomato plants to encourage growth? I knew that worked on trees and bushes. Didn't know it was good for vegetable plants.

Also, i can cut off the top of the bell peppers and they will produce more as well?
                  Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by tps7742 View Post
                    If its just a one off then maybe like mentioned above bad pollination. But if you notice it again and again....it "Blossom End Rot" which is due to lack of calcium in the soil. I lost my WHOLE tomato garden last year due to it. Spent this winter calcifieng that garden bed and now my tomatoes are doing great.
                    My 2cents

Comment

My kill from this morning I meant harvest

A couple jalapeƱos, sweet banana, couple tomatoes and a handfull of cherries...
                      Attached Files

Comment

Handful of picklers, a couple of banana peppers, and one poblano for me this morning. It's almost that time!!!

Comment

Originally posted by FLASH_OUTDOORS View Post
                          What cherry tomato is that?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Super sweet 100

Comment

Loaded the wagon today. Tomatoes, bell pepper, jalapeno, spaghetti squash, yellow zucchini, cucumbers and the last of the beans.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Joe H View Post
                              Loaded the wagon today. Tomatoes, bell pepper, jalapeno, spaghetti squash, yellow zucchini, cucumbers and the last of the beans.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk
                              ****, hope you have a big and hungry family.

Comment

Ok. Watered (flooded) the Kentucky Wonders Very heavy to leach some of the Nitrogen away as I read my over rich soils needed repair (Zero blooms). It might have worked? Got blossoms right after. Now we have a storm moving in. Some hail reported. I guess that is why they call it gardening, not eating. Have faith.

Comment

Working...
                                X