2020 Gardening thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by toomuchsun View Post
    Oh and be sure your neighbor is watching out for you. He courtesy asked me if was doing some watering? I said yes? He asked again? I walked out to see I am flooding his yard and feeding the thirsty street. Man I hate it when that happens! Next time I hope he just says, imbecile please turn off the water!
    ^^funny stuff right here^^^

Comment

We got ours going a bit ago and are now harvesting our first squash

Check out the video here - https://youtu.be/k4apFuZsX3g

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

First garden for us....

My buddy with a sand pit operation brought me a load of sandy top soil, and I tilled in some horse manure.

Fun project for me and my boy!

Sent from my SM-G892U using Tapatalk

Comment

I put some purple pull peas and they popped up quick....but something is munching on them early

Comment

This row below looks much better...it is a different strain and it came up first

Any ideas on how to address?

Comment

Originally posted by LukeDuke View Post
              I put some purple pull peas and they popped up quick....but something is munching on them early

Don’t know what causes that, but it is pretty common. Most pea plants will grow on out, and you’ll never know this happened. Seems like there is a bug that likes first leaves, but doesn’t hurt the plant.

Comment

This row below looks much better...it is a different strain and it came up first

Any ideas on how to address?

Bug damage. Have you noticed any caterpillars or grasshoppers in the garden?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Diatomaceous earth probably wouldn’t hurt anything, just a light dusting.

Comment

No grasshoppers yet - thanks for the good feedback ya'll

Comment

First garden for us....

My buddy with a sand pit operation brought me a load of sandy top soil, and I tilled in some horse manure.

Fun project for me and my boy!

You an engineer by chance?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Originally posted by FLASH_OUTDOORS View Post
                        You an engineer by chance?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
                        No sir, but i think like one sometimes and I found a cool garden planner online tool:

Free Garden Planner trial! With The Old Farmer's Almanac Garden Planner, you can lay out your dream garden right on your computer! The vegetable Garden Planner is especially great for square-foot gardening because it calculates the spacing for your plants. Plus, our garden planner software even handles crop rotation! Check out the best garden planner app on Earth!

It's free for the first week!

Comment

Dug potatoes Wednesday
                          Picking squash and green beans also. Cucumbers are nearly pinky sized and melon vines are running.
                          Local Dew berries are burning up quick so we are trying to get some frozen for jelly later later on.

Comment

I am still trying to get my sweet banana type peppers going. I have had starters from seed multi times, planted seed direct yesterday. Something digs every seed up. I have many other plants, seeds etc. and not this issue to this level? I am going to ask neighbor if ok to do some night work. City so you know the limitations! What animal is wrecking my long type banana sweets peppers starters and seeds? Finds the seeds quick! Digs a pretty good size hole. Better dig it bigger as it may be a grave soon.

Comment

Gardens looking good

[ATTACH]1002007[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]1002008[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]1002009[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]1002010[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]1002011[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]1002012[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]1002013[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]1002014[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]1002015[/ATTACH]

Comment

Originally posted by toomuchsun View Post
                                I am still trying to get my sweet banana type peppers going. I have had starters from seed multi times, planted seed direct yesterday. Something digs every seed up. I have many other plants, seeds etc. and not this issue to this level? I am going to ask neighbor if ok to do some night work. City so you know the limitations! What animal is wrecking my long type banana sweets peppers starters and seeds? Finds the seeds quick! Digs a pretty good size hole. Better dig it bigger as it may be a grave soon.
                                Probably a squirrel. They are heck on my garden when starting seeds.

Maybe a bluejay too. They know there is a seed at the end of the plant

Comment

Working...
                                X