• Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Pedernal View Post
    I might be re-planning some new plants.... we are getting hammered
    Does it hail very often down there?

Comment

dang, I’m worried about temps but that would be bad news too. Never seen one that white before either.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Kingfisher789 View Post
        Does it hail very often down there?
        Not that often. And certainly not with hail this big. I did a quick walk around the yard and only spotted a few of these larger ones. My jeep is defenitly going to need work.

Originally posted by bmac View Post
        dang, I’m worried about temps but that would be bad news too. Never seen one that white before either.

Interestingly it looks like the my pepper plants made it with out any damage but the tomatoe plants took it pretty bad. I saw several small tomatoes on the ground and more then a few stems chopped of.

Comment

Anyone have something eat the leaves clean off the stem on cantaloupe? They had only sprouted a few days earlier, but went out and found all leaves gone and only the stems left.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Comment

****, those will do some damage.

Comment

Originally posted by Sticks&Strings View Post
              Anyone have something eat the leaves clean off the stem on cantaloupe? They had only sprouted a few days earlier, but went out and found all leaves gone and only the stems left.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
              Yes along with my potatoes, squash, eggplant, and tomatillios to name a few. **** organic gardens

Comment

That’s no good. Hope you pull through without too much damage.

Comment

Originally posted by Man View Post
                  Yes along with my potatoes, squash, eggplant, and tomatillios to name a few. **** organic gardens
                  I'm organic until the bugs wage a full frontal assault. Then I call in a chemical strike.

Comment

With hail that size, you might be re-roofing!

Comment

Originally posted by rocky View Post
                      With hail that size, you might be re-roofing!
                      Yes Sir I will need to look at that. The metal roof took a pounding so I will meed to see how bad it got dented. And my jeep got pounded for sure.

Honestly, I am more worried about the tomatoe plants! For those experienced gardeners, some of the veins on the tomatoe plants got chopped of here and there. Should I go ahead and trim those back to the main stalk of the plant??

Comment

Yes Sir I will need to look at that. The metal roof took a pounding so I will meed to see how bad it got dented. And my jeep got pounded for sure.

Honestly, I am more worried about the tomatoe plants! For those experienced gardeners, some of the veins on the tomatoe plants got chopped of here and there. Should I go ahead and trim those back to the main stalk of the plant??

I think trimming them to the main stalk, or even cutting below breaks in the main stalk, will still produce a good plant and healthy crop. Might have to provide them more support, but I’ve had deer eat my tomato plants down to a nub and they still grew back and produced well.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by txpitdog View Post
                          but I’ve had deer eat my tomato plants down to a nub and they still grew back and produced well.
                          Yeah my kiddo stepped on 3 of my tomato plants and broke them all at the base. I chalked them up as a loss and planted replacements near them. All 3 came back and sprouted again from the broken base.

Comment

I 've been totally organic for many years and I never have a bug problem. Unless you call squash bugs an insect? I think they are the devil

Comment

Originally posted by elgato View Post
                              I 've been totally organic for many years and I never have a bug problem. Unless you call squash bugs an insect? I think they are the devil
                              I can handle squash bugs, but the vine borers get me every time I plant squash/zuchinni. I just grow more of other stuff now and trade out with someone who grew it. I got tired of fighting that fight with limited space.

Comment

Originally posted by eradicator View Post
                                I can handle squash bugs, but the vine borers get me every time I plant squash/zuchinni. I just grow more of other stuff now and trade out with someone who grew it. I got tired of fighting that fight with limited space.
                                I think we are talking about the same bug. They get in base of vine just as the squash is looking awesome. Some years I get them ., some not. I'll inject BT and try different things but they are a pain

Comment

Working...
                                X