Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Most expensive few hours I ever spent.
    Especially with family.

Start early and a stay late. Plenty time to eat and drink after the lifts close

Have fun.

Comment

Originally posted by Hart8 View Post
      I'd bet real Texans don't give a **** what they think.The last few times I was in Steamboat,everyone there was from Texas.That tells me if not for us,they wouldn't have a pot to **** in,or a window to throw it out of.

Sent from my SM-G970U1 using Tapatalk
      You couldn't be more wrong about that.
      Not many Texans own those expensive homes.
      They will gladly take your money and laugh at you when you leave, just nice enough not to do it at your face.

Comment

Originally posted by SCREAMINREELS View Post
        thanks. guess just go ahead n plan on being sore. glad to hear i wont be the only one.
        I have no snow clothes, i have some water resistant cold weather hunting gear. will this work or should i start shopping resale shops? dont want to drop a bunch of cash on something i may never use again if i dont care for it
        Wall squats will get you prepped just fine...youll feel it mainly in your outer quads.

Plenty of Texans use Texan Goretex...blue jeans sprayed with scotchgard. Your water resistant hunting gear will work just fine. Dont be like my kids and lay around in the snow. We skii MtCB and unless the day is warm...the relative humidity is so low...the snow stays powdery and dry and dusts off when I eat it. You may already know this but....NO COTTON in any fashion or blend in any of your clothing.

Make sure to have a neck gaiter that will cover your face and neck.

I layer with a fleece thermal layer, then running suit, then shell pants and jacket and pack a down vest for when it gets super cold. You want to get rid of the extra moisture generated but keep that heat retained.

Have a good time MrReels

Comment

Originally posted by Hart8 View Post
          I'd bet real Texans don't give a **** what they think.The last few times I was in Steamboat,everyone there was from Texas.That tells me if not for us,they wouldn't have a pot to **** in,or a window to throw it out of.

Sent from my SM-G970U1 using Tapatalk
          You must hang out in a small crowd. I am absolutely positive they could get by quite nicely without you.

Comment

I can guarantee y'all a huge portion of their business in Colorado and New Mexico comes from Texas. I was once on a sleigh ride in Breckinridge and the driver was talking about all the giant houses we went by being Texas oil money.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Briar Friar View Post
              Wall squats will get you prepped just fine...youll feel it mainly in your outer quads.

Plenty of Texans use Texan Goretex...blue jeans sprayed with scotchgard. Your water resistant hunting gear will work just fine. Dont be like my kids and lay around in the snow. We skii MtCB and unless the day is warm...the relative humidity is so low...the snow stays powdery and dry and dusts off when I eat it. You may already know this but....NO COTTON in any fashion or blend in any of your clothing.

Make sure to have a neck gaiter that will cover your face and neck.

I layer with a fleece thermal layer, then running suit, then shell pants and jacket and pack a down vest for when it gets super cold. You want to get rid of the extra moisture generated but keep that heat retained.

Have a good time MrReels
              I rarely, if ever see a person in jeans.

You said wear jeans and then said no cotton of any kind. Lol.

Comment

I typically go once a year and have no issues with my cheap amazon ski pants and jacket, roughly $100 bucks for both. I also am in the lessons are a waste of time, i say hit the bunnies, find a green you can do comfortably and spend some time on that one. Day one will be learning and by day two you should be able to really have some fun.

Comment

Originally posted by Burntorange Bowhunter View Post
                  I rarely, if ever see a person in jeans.

You said wear jeans and then said no cotton of any kind. Lol.

Wasnt really saying to do it...just...that its done. I havent seen it in years until over Christmas break. I had a good chuckle.

Comment

I also had a conversation with a fella who was skiing in snowmobiling pants. We had a good chuckle at repurposing gear.

Comment

Working...
                    X