Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pass.

Comment

Out of all brands I have heard of a good amount of Rams having big problems early in their life. I know it used to be a big thing in the 2000s model rams cracking dashes, not sure if this is fixed yet.

Comment

2009 Dodge Ram 3500 SLT 6.7L Cummins
        158,000 miles
        4WD

Only thing that ever needed repair other than normal wear and tear was a water pump under warranty. Replaced both hubs (only one was bad) and breaks last summer

No cracks in the dash like the old Dodge's were prone to

Just did a KBB quote, $15,191-$18,294

Comment

I love it! All someone has to do is ask a Ford, Dodge, or GM question, and people start loosing it. Can’t we all just get along.🥺 Oh and to answer your question. Dodges are crapp!

Comment

I'm just here for the lol replies.

I had one once, nothing good to say about them.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Blackmouth View Post
              2009 Dodge Ram 3500 SLT 6.7L Cummins
              158,000 miles
              4WD

Only thing that ever needed repair other than normal wear and tear was a water pump under warranty. Replaced both hubs (only one was bad) and breaks last summer

No cracks in the dash like the old Dodge's were prone to

Just did a KBB quote, $15,191-$18,294
              Brakes, obviously not breaks. Sorry, pet peeve of mine and I couldn't edit

Comment

Here is my Ram after 150k miles. Dropped lifter and an eaten cam shaft. Thank god for the dodge max care. They stopped selling that I’m sure because all the little issues. Seems to be a problem with dodge and Chevy.

Get a Tundra and call it good and just be ok with bad gas mileage. The $4000 repair on this would have paid for a lot of gas I would have burned in the Tundra minus the head aches.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

These are not good questions because they are too general. There is good and bad models of every truck.

As far as Dodges go, I've personally owned a 2004,2011,2012, and 2016. All 3/4 ton cummins minus the 2012. It was a 5.7 hemi. The 04 had 200k miles and the 2011 had 300k when I sold them. Both were awesome trucks.

The overall truck build of dodges/ram has improved a lot every year. I like the 5.9 and 6.7 cummins alot. I've owned multiple year models of all the different diesels and cummins is overall the best in most categories. I would never own another hemi in a truck.

As far as the new trucks go, my opinion is Ford is by far the best truck on the road, In both half ton and superduty. My 2014 6.7 powerstroke was a hoss. The new ones are even better. But value wise, the Ram 2500/3500 tradesmans are solid for the money. I wouldn't touch the GM stuff based on recent experiences.
                  Last edited by Arrowthreat; 01-13-2020, 04:17 PM.

Comment

Ram, they arent as crappy as they used to be (well maybe the interior). Trucks are a depreciating asset, just not where I am going to drop a lot of money.

Comment

Just bought my first Ram as an extra vehicle to tow with. 2014 diesel 3/4ton 4x4 with 80K miles on it. Never driven anything but Ford. It’s a base model so not many bells and whistles inside to break. So far so good. You guys have me worried though. Hopefully I got a good one.

Comment

We hauled a load of trailers back this weekend with the 15' Ram 2500 with 5.7 hemi. It was a 30' GN with 2-7k axle and 3-16' utility trailers with 7k axles stacked on top, so we are right at the top end of the MFG tow rating. My average MPG running 65-ish was 3.9 mpg, that was not a typo. We were stopping just about every 120 miles for fuel, it is almost funny. I do not think this truck was setup for towing TBH. It is a company truck and is driven by several people, its rode hard and put up wet. I don't remember how many miles are on it, I want to say 85k or so right now. Overall its been dependable, especially considering how it is used. Its a very comfortable truck on interior and ride, gets pretty good MPG when not towing. Another thing to consider is who can tune your truck locally when the warranty is over. I had my 13' F250 with 6.2 tuned and had the speed limiter remove. It really was an impressive improvement for the truck. Tuning is not just for the diesel crowd.

Comment

A lot of biased opinions and "my buddy had this truck that just sucked cause I didnt own it" here, but what do you expect. Ask anything about a truck in this part of the world and you'll find yourself in the middle of a **** swinging contest. Honestly, they all have their issues.

My dad has been driving chevys for the past 28 years, mostly because he's a ranch foreman and that's what they give him. Now hes not hard on them at all, does some pulling here and there, maybe uses the 4x4 3 to 4 times a year. In all those years, I can remember a single time his truck had to go in the shop for more than a day for anything major. He never had a diesel, always gas, but the trucks seemed solid. But interior? Man I can remember being in every one of his trucks thinking how crappy everything was just coming apart. Radio buttons were peeling or losing their identifiers, door handles, window switches, seats. It was disappointing that a truck as well kept as he would keep them would just come apart. He currently is in a 2016 model 2500, and I will say that the interior is holding up pretty decent.

I've always been a dodge fan, and 2 of my very close friends and a couple of family members are also dodge owners. I've had the 99 and 03 Cummins with the broken up dashes and torn seats and broken door handles, and I've had a 2013 that hasn't had a single even start of a crack anywhere in the dash. Motors have all been very solid besides the normal minor things that you would expect to give after over 120k miles, such as a starter, batteries, wheel bearings, water pump...you get the picture. I've been in the death wobble scenario with them, and I've been through some front ends with them. I did the buy once cry once and spent the money on an after market front end, and never had the problem again. Dodge isnt immune from issues, but they do have a solid truck and some of crap has been worked out over the last several years. Four guys that I work with all have dodges and have had them since they were new, one is an 07 cummins with almost 110k miles (he has a little car he drives to work a lot), no major issues, truck is still in great shape; one has a 2012 3500 that just rolled 200k miles, and is still in good shape; another has a 2012 2500 with 160k miles, still going strong, and the other guy has a 2010 2500 with 180k miles. All these trucks are diesels and I've been in them all, interior is all in good shape.

I dont have any experience with Ford besides and F150 I had that wasnt a terrible truck, and a 96 F350 farm truck that was solid. I've heard good and bad things on them, but cant offer you any good first hand experience

I've owned 2 Toyota Tundras that were both very solid trucks for a half ton. If I didnt have the need for a diesel, I would probably own another as the interiors held up as well as the rest of the truck. Out of both of those used trucks, the most expensive thing I had to have done to one of them was replace a starter. That thing was a pain to get to, and changing the oil was a pain too.

My advice to you is to go test drive several used trucks of each manufacturer. Get a good feel for what a used one feels and looks like and form your own opinion. A lot of what makes a used truck is how it was treated and handled. They dont make them like they use to, they cant take the abuse you use to be able to give them. And quite frankly I think there are a lot of guys out there that buy trucks that have no idea how to take care of or drive a truck

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Comment

Ford.

Comment

Originally posted by Huntingfool View Post
                              been a Ford F150 guy for 30 plus years. Up until my most recent truck I loved them. My experience tells me Ford is going downhill. Horrible customer service and many issues.

So....... I am thinking about looking into a Ram - wife had one 20 years ago and it was a mess - not a well made truck.

Are the current Rams overall good quality? Thanks for the input
                              so have you gotten a lot of reliable, useful info from this?

Comment

The fact is, no matter the brand, they are all junk. They ALL have issues. "Dodges have bad front ends" Look at all the people with fords and death wobble. "But but the hemi tick". Look up GM 5.3 drinking oil, and spark plugs blowing out of fords. We can go on all day. I had a 2015 Ram 2500 Tradesman. It was a good, reliable, basic 3/4 ton. I liked it better than the ford or chevy at the time. After a few years decided I didn't need as big of a truck, so when I went to buy a half ton, I looked at and drove all of the brands, and liked the Tundra best. Not because of brand, but because that's what I liked. Go look at all of them, form your own opinion, and ignore all the bashing that goes on in these threads.

Comment

Working...
                                X