• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Awesome Bob.

Comment

Originally posted by RedArrow View Post
      Mr. Reed? He’s prolly not as funny as I am!![emoji16][emoji23]

You fish so much I thought that was your name now bro. Fishing in the reeds.

Comment

Originally posted by Bjankowski View Post
        For what it's worth I lost a rifle at an airport too. In Viet Nam I took a rifle off the VC sniper we captured. I had it for over six months, I asked my company commander if I could bring it back stateside and he said there would not be a problem. When I got to Bien Hoa airbase I was told I could not board with it.. I was told the bolt had to be welded. I really wanted that rifle, but I wasn't going to miss my plane. it was an old Chinese rifle with an extremely long barrel and some sort of make shift scope. I never saw one like it my two tours in Viet Nam... It I what it is.
        My grandfather told a similar story from WWII. On the ship on the way home, he and his buddies had quite the take. German weapons, a helmet, and other paraphernalia. He said word went around the ship that they'd all be searched when they left the ship, so they threw it all overboard before docking....where nobody was searched at all.

I remember telling him how unlucky that was and he said as soon as his feet hit American soil, he forgot all about that stuff and felt like the luckiest man in the world.

Comment

Turn around complete.

Bob,
          What a surprise I found in the mail yesterday! The knife is beautiful and a masterpiece in my opinion. It will always stay in my family and be passed down to my grandson in future years. I used it this morning to clean my catch of rainbow trout from the Lower Guadalupe River, so yes I do fish, not so much hunting anymore. So glad God gave me the opportunity to get Nathan’s treasure back in his hands. Thank you again for a wonderful gift.

Comment

Originally posted by Bjankowski View Post
            No need to bro, I made him a one of a kind knife especially for him. My wife mailed it off to him yesterday. I told Nathan I was going to make Brian a knife and he volunteered to pay for it, I told him this would be my gift to Brian. Hard to find people that honest and thoughtful, the least I could do was to repay him the best was I knew how.
            I know he' going to be surprised when he gets it, he doesn't know anything about it, I'll share the email he sends me.

God is Good all the time
            Bob <><
            Bob,
            If I ever meet you I’d like to buy you a beer. I’ve known Bryan for a long time and he was telling this story at a friend of ours cabinet shop (where we all meet after work and have a couple beers) of buying a knife from the state store and getting it back to its owner. While hearing the story I immediately thought of this thread and showed it to him. Small world. Beautiful knife you made him by the way, and it was a complete surprise to him. That was an awesome gesture of you making him a knife.

Comment

missed this, what a cool story!

Comment

Jank Knife Confiscated at Airport

Awesome

I’m not surprised about the second twist in the story! Good stuff

Comment

Hello all, I’m the guy that found the knife and returned it, thanks to Jank’s help. It was the right and only thing to do, just glad I could make out Jank on the blade and he could track down the owner. Thank you all for the kind words, now the rest of the story. Bob made me the most awesome knife I’ve ever owned and mailed it to me, totally unexpected. Bob would never post that, just a testament to his integrity. Give him your business when you can and know that although most of us have never met him face to face, He’s our Brother in Christ and would be there for any and all of us in need.

Comment

Originally posted by Sparky 2929 View Post
                    Hello all, I’m the guy that found the knife and returned it, thanks to Jank’s help. It was the right and only thing to do, just glad I could make out Jank on the blade and he could track down the owner. Thank you all for the kind words, now the rest of the story. Bob made me the most awesome knife I’ve ever owned and mailed it to me, totally unexpected. Bob would never post that, just a testament to his integrity. Give him your business when you can and know that although most of us have never met him face to face, He’s our Brother in Christ and would be there for any and all of us in need.
                    Good things happen to good people! You sir did a great thing and I am glad you got on here to post.

This is a true Green Screen story for the books.

Comment

Working...
                    X