2020 Select Baseball

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by TXJIM View Post
    My son gets his programming from Cressey Sports Performance. We did his first assessment and initial training at the Massachusetts location last August with Eric and then did a follow up in January at the Florida location to get an in season program for the spring. His off season program is a mix of heavy lifting, body weight, stretching, speed and agility spread over a 6 day week with a focus on arm and shoulder health for overhand throwers.

He knows what he's talking about

Comment

Jim we are still holding on to a glimmer of hope the boys will be able to go back on May 4th and play the District Tourney. If they officially cancel we will change gears as well. My kid is hungry right now and dying for competition. He is throwing to anyone that wants to stand in box.

Comment

Originally posted by glen View Post
        Jim we are still holding on to a glimmer of hope the boys will be able to go back on May 4th and play the District Tourney. If they officially cancel we will change gears as well. My kid is hungry right now and dying for competition. He is throwing to anyone that wants to stand in box.
        I love the optimism and completely understand it. I hope like hell that happens

Comment

Originally posted by jshouse View Post
          He knows what he's talking about
          Apparently the Yankees think so My son was at the Florida location working out with Eric when the Yankee suits came in for the final negotions to hire him. It was all announced later that evening.

Comment

You guys think we will be playing in May? If they opened things up over the next two weeks would you be down for a tournament May 2-3?

Comment

can someone explain how you can play 3 years of JUCO baseball? I understand the spring season sports was granted an extra year but at a JUCO school can you carry that many course hrs? Lets say you average 12 hrs a semester after 2 years you would have 48 hrs add in the 3 year fall semester now you have 60 hrs. So a baseball player would be over 60 college hrs starting the spring semester. I was talking to my son who is a freshman player at Alvin and he said the coaches are expecting several of the second year players to return.

Comment

They don’t care how many hours or what hours are taken. They get two years of playing at the JUCO level. This year is considered a medical redshirt for all spring athletes. It will be crowded at all schools JUCO included. Gonna have to fight harder and shine if you are young. I feel sorry for the kids that signed with programs that overcommit. Some schools may have up to 12 incoming pitchers and now maybe keep 2

Comment

I just pulled the first school that I knew signed a lot of pitching. This is just 2020 commits that are RHP. Also add to this list the returning 4 years and any JUCO transfers. This will be a tough team to be on in the Spring Semester
                  Attached Files

Comment

Also factor in some of these kids were earning their way up the draft board that would otherwise skip college and go in the draft.

Comment

JHouse- First weekend of May would be rough depending on age group. Young kids won’t need much but teenagers going that fast would be arm injury issues I would think

Comment

Glen - how long to you think this will impact the college programs? If this coming year you have a bunch of 5th year seniors will it just keep snowballing for the graduating class of 2021 and beyond?

Comment

Originally posted by jshouse View Post
                          You guys think we will be playing in May? If they opened things up over the next two weeks would you be down for a tournament May 2-3?

Our organization is sending out very tentative plans to start practice around May 1, and potentially play tournaments two weeks later. I’m really glad someone is showing some optimism. I’m getting real tired of all the doom and gloom outlooks from the likes of the NCAA…

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

DM3- maybe a college coach will reply but I'm going off what has trickled down or rumors. They will waive the roughly 13 paid spots per NCAA program next year. I'm not sure about 2021. But the class of 2021 will essentially have two freshmen classes in front of them -2019 and 2020. So 2021 Freshmen will have 2 sophomore classes in front of them. I would think the first real class that wont feel this would be 2023. I don't know if they will give more non-varsity sports xtra paid spots until this class cycles through. Maybe they will allow them 3 or 4 xtra paid spots per program. Again I'm not sure how the NCAA will handle this but if a kid is planning on going this route they better get faster, stronger, and better than the next guy

Comment

Originally posted by DM3 View Post
                              Glen - how long to you think this will impact the college programs? If this coming year you have a bunch of 5th year seniors will it just keep snowballing for the graduating class of 2021 and beyond?

It is going to vary by level. Top 50 programs don't typically have a lot of seniors as they are typically drafted or replaced by younger talent in their junior year. Others levels will make the best roster with what they have then push kids out of their programs. This will mean lots of transfer players moving to lower levels of competition. Like Glen said, kids better be working as there will be better talent at every level of play.

Comment

Originally posted by Dale Moser View Post
                                Our organization is sending out very tentative plans to start practice around May 1, and potentially play tournaments two weeks later. I’m really glad someone is showing some optimism. I’m getting real tired of all the doom and gloom outlooks from the likes of the NCAA…

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                                Same here, we will be ready to go when the green light flips and this nonsense is over.

Comment

Working...
                                X